• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase Appreciation thread

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hello guys!

Can you kindly help me with my quest to find a perfect briefcase.

I can spend around $400.

Below you can see what type of briefcases I am looking at:

http://www.tuscanyleather.it/en/p/l...pocket-honey?gclid=CNSfifzM68sCFVYo0wodRHIGGg

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/bags/light-brown-portfolio/BAG16108.html?cgid=Bags

I need something that is not to bulky, but occasionally can fit my 15 inch laptop and my chicken and rice lunchbox.

Since I live in EU, EU suppliers would be great (no hassle with customs).

Thank you in advance

What color do you want? If you are ok with black the Whitehouse Cox bag that was posted a couple pages ago from the company's outlet is a fantastic deal. High quality bridle leather and pigskin lining. Slim too. Should fall right withing your price range. Personally I would want a shade of brown, but that's a matter of personal taste.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Whitehous...Briefcase-Winter-Special-Offer-/191833730432?

Linjer makes an outstanding product for the price too. They don't do sales, but you can get one of their bags for right around $500 USD. Black, Brown, Cognac and Navy.

http://www.linjer.co/collections/men-best-sellers/products/soft-briefcase-mocha

There are a couple of these available on our Buy/Sell marketplace from members at a good price:

Black: http://www.styleforum.net/t/520254/linjer-soft-briefcase-for-sale

Navy, which is a very versatile color that pairs well with blacks and browns: http://www.styleforum.net/t/518770/3-28-drop-new-linjer-soft-briefcase-navy-leather

Otherwise read up on this thread as this question had been asked and answered a few times recently. You will be sure to find more ideas by doing so. :)

CroStyle

Reaction score

What color do you want? I :)

Brown is preferable.

Thank you so much for your effort. I will check out your links.

EDIT:

Have checked the links you provided.

Whitehouse - Dont like the look.

Linjer - Looks perfect but I am afraid that Linjer is to slim for my needs. I think It will not hold my laptop, charger, moleskine, and lunch box ;)

If there is one with Linjer looks but little fatter it would be great.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Brown is preferable.

Thank you so much for your effort. I will check out your links.

No problem at all. Like I said, check out this thread for other ideas as it's a great resource.

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Latest briefcase that I'm working on. Made from Antelope with a Barenia calfskin trim. I had to keep the claw marks on the front!
Thats a nice looking briefcase. Nice touch with clawmarks on the front. What will the final dimensions be?

regnar82

Reaction score
Good evening! Can someone tell me where I might be able to buy one of these locks? It's off of a Hermes depeches. Thanks!

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Good evening! Can someone tell me where I might be able to buy one of these locks? It's off of a Hermes depeches. Thanks!

Not sure Hermes will be using off the shelf hardwear!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

does clegg ever go on sale or have promos? i assume no but figured i'd try

On Frank Clegg's webstore, no. His bags are sold via a few online retailers (Like NMWA for one) and may end up going on sale with one of them.

I do know that he sometimes has items that didn't make it by QA. Small defects or imperfections that he will sell at discounted prices, but you have to email them directly for availability. My experience is a lot of 2nds from quality brands like this have such minor issues that hardly anyone would ever notice them.

TimH

Reaction score

Latest briefcase that I'm working on. Made from Antelope with a Barenia calfskin trim. I had to keep the claw marks on the front!
Great looking work you do and thanks for the recent 'Reputation' - you are relatively local to me by the sounds of it! Hope all is going well. Best, Tim Hardy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics