• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase Appreciation thread

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is quite simple. Just click on "attach file" and direct it to your file. Since this is the briefcase appreciation thread, here is a (bad) picture of almost all my briefcases. As you can see, I love variety. Yes, there is even a pink briefcase in there. Sorry about the mess.

IMG_5094.jpg

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Attachments

• DSC_7453.jpg
    DSC_7453.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 25

Leander walker

Reaction score
As always,the Equus leather creations are fabulous. Only thing that would make this briefcase nicer is a dark green or red sliver lining. But But it's a beautiful briefcase and makes such an incredible statement,compared with businessmen carrying nylon backpacks or cheap china manufactured briefcases. I hope companies like Equus,Pickett,Swaine Adeney and Ettinger can continue on making classic,traditional products made in the Uk

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
As always,the Equus leather creations are fabulous. Only thing that would make this briefcase nicer is a dark green or red sliver lining. But But it's a beautiful briefcase and makes such an incredible statement,compared with businessmen carrying nylon backpacks or cheap china manufactured briefcases. I hope companies like Equus,Pickett,Swaine Adeney and Ettinger can continue on making classic,traditional products made in the Uk

Thank you for the kind words!

A lining is perfectly possible. We generally make the cases unlined other than the gusset to reduce weight and wear as is traditional, the Bridle leather of course is finished on the back and made to be used without a lining. We have beautiful goatskins that would be lovely as linings though

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Heres another one we completed earlier in the month, slightly different style and in Sedgwick rather than Bakers Bridle, and with Palladium plated locks. Bit of a departure from some of the brass and London Tan stuff we do but pretty sharp looking I think!

Charlie

DSC_7259 1.jpg
DSC_7243 1.jpg
DSC_7273 1.jpg

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Morning all,

Heres another one I havent posted as yet. Im stretch the definition of briefcase a little as it hasn't a handle, but we're working on smaller and lighter briefcase designs at the moment and this one is part of that family, so underarm folio with briefcase DNA!

Bakers oak bark tanned bridle leather in London Tan as usual for our prototypes..

Charlie

DSC_5869.jpg
DSC_5866.jpg
DSC_5857.jpg

Nick94

Reaction score
Equus Leather work is so beautiful. I;m starting saving up already. That 600 pound increase at the price of the Equus briefcase hurt a bit, but it's ok. :D

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Equus Leather work is so beautiful. I;m starting saving up already. That 600 pound increase at the price of the Equus briefcase hurt a bit, but it's ok. :D

We’re in the midst of putting prices up across the site at the moment, we havent had a price rise for about 4 years now, and all our inputs have gone up repeatedly with Brexit, Covid and all that good stuff so unfortunately the time has come we need to adjust the prices a bit. The briefcase was the same price we launched it at, and what we always do when we launch a new product is tinker, a lot. We never launch something till we're happy with it, but when we think we can do somthing a tiny bit better we always incorporate the tweaks in to the design, so I'm comfortable that the briefcases we're producing now are worth the price rise vs the design we launched with. For eg, recently we've swapped the reinforcement stay underneath the handle from steel to carbon fibre to save a little weight, gain some rigidity and have a material that will never under any circumstances deteriorate or mark the leather. The steel plate was fine, and neither one will ever be seen by you as a customer as they're under a leather cover, but it makes the case that little bit better. Ive always takers the attitude that the sum of all the tiny details is the case itself, so we try to get everything as spot on as we can

Hope that makes sense! I dont like prise rises, but sometimes you have too..

Charlie

Nick94

Reaction score

We’re in the midst of putting prices up across the site at the moment, we havent had a price rise for about 4 years now, and all our inputs have gone up repeatedly with Brexit, Covid and all that good stuff so unfortunately the time has come we need to adjust the prices a bit. The briefcase was the same price we launched it at, and what we always do when we launch a new product is tinker, a lot. We never launch something till we're happy with it, but when we think we can do somthing a tiny bit better we always incorporate the tweaks in to the design, so I'm comfortable that the briefcases we're producing now are worth the price rise vs the design we launched with. For eg, recently we've swapped the reinforcement stay underneath the handle from steel to carbon fibre to save a little weight, gain some rigidity and have a material that will never under any circumstances deteriorate or mark the leather. The steel plate was fine, and neither one will ever be seen by you as a customer as they're under a leather cover, but it makes the case that little bit better. Ive always takers the attitude that the sum of all the tiny details is the case itself, so we try to get everything as spot on as we can

Hope that makes sense! I dont like prise rises, but sometimes you have too..

Charlie

Thank you for the explanation. No harm intended from my side. I adore your work and i am already saving up to get a briefcase from you very soon! :D

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for the explanation. No harm intended from my side. I adore your work and i am already saving up to get a briefcase from you very soon! :D

?

No offence taken at all. I’ve always thought a price and thus also a price rise should be justified by costs and quality so thought it was worth an explanation :)

TravisOne

Reaction score
Morning all,

Heres another one I havent posted as yet. Im stretch the definition of briefcase a little as it hasn't a handle, but we're working on smaller and lighter briefcase designs at the moment and this one is part of that family, so underarm folio with briefcase DNA!

Bakers oak bark tanned bridle leather in London Tan as usual for our prototypes..

Charlie

View attachment 1618627 View attachment 1618628 View attachment 1618629
Looks great! Hope it will make it to production!

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks great! Hope it will make it to production!

Thanks! It already informally is, just hasn’t made it to the website yet. Definitley available for custom order

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads