• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase Appreciation thread

Alex Nessel

Reaction score
The new model. Bridle leather. All details were stitched by hand
IMG_20180826_131442_450.jpg
IMG_20180826_131442_449.jpg

echo7tango

Reaction score
5731DB80-A70B-4247-B8B9-4D7F706EAFAC.jpeg
8CD63F78-4607-4E92-AE55-9C2EE7D2C30B.jpeg
235B087D-2A17-40CB-A7BF-48A454AA3E49.jpeg
6926F8D3-AB64-4814-8582-0C514384BB63.jpeg
25B423BE-BBF5-4AD3-82B9-F068C88A1E7F.jpeg
787B2AD0-AF1A-4ACF-AADC-EED1FAE1CEDD.jpeg
12F9DC48-69C1-4492-895B-1EDABF6AEDA0.jpeg
Very nice. Possible to take some interior pictures of the Glaser Designs bag?

Hi masayako, I got called out of town on short notice, apologies for the delayed reply. Here are some interior pictures. When ordering my bag I chose a lighter interior color to help me find things inside. The last two pics are of a divider with a couple of accessories attached (vel-cro), to help me be more organized.

Let me know if you’d like any other pics.

sclemmons

Reaction score
E7T:

I love the snaps you selected. What did the Glasers think about them? Do you believe they are superior in use?

The carabiner is a nice touch!

What are the actual dimensions for the order?

sc

masayako

Reaction score
Hi masayako, I got called out of town on short notice, apologies for the delayed reply. Here are some interior pictures. When ordering my bag I chose a lighter interior color to help me find things inside. The last two pics are of a divider with a couple of accessories attached (vel-cro), to help me be more organized.

Let me know if you’d like any other pics.

This is awesome. So glad you enjoy this nice bag of yours! Thanks for sharing the pictures! :)

echo7tango

Reaction score
E7T:

I love the snaps you selected. What did the Glasers think about them? Do you believe they are superior in use?

The carabiner is a nice touch!

What are the actual dimensions for the order?

sc

Myron and Kari really liked the Tanex fasteners. I like them much better than the snap-buttons — to release is a one-handed operation, not two; and to fasten is often a one-handed operation. And they are quite secure, although regular sna-buttons would be quite secure also.

I’ll get back to you with the dimensions.

Newguy1980

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm hoping to get some more advice from you guys. My search for the perfect briefcase continues.

I am loving the look of Linjer Soft Brisfcase in black but it has one fatal flaw. Its too small - the depth is just too small for me. If Linjer did one with a depth of around 4 inches i would have bought it already!

Does anybody know of anything similar but not in a slim size?

It has to be black leather and bonus points for one that holds its shape when empty!

Thanks in advance.

echo7tango

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm hoping to get some more advice from you guys. My search for the perfect briefcase continues.

I am loving the look of Linjer Soft Brisfcase in black but it has one fatal flaw. Its too small - the depth is just too small for me. If Linjer did one with a depth of around 4 inches i would have bought it already!

Does anybody know of anything similar but not in a slim size?

It has to be black leather and bonus points for one that holds its shape when empty!

Thanks in advance.

That Linjer looks very nice. Try Glaser Designs, they can do some modifications. They appear more expensive but the quality is there, so the value is there.

Here is one example but look around a bit. They do have black.

If you but tell them Roy T sent you!

Good luck...

http://www.glaserdesigns.com/2014/1...-back-pocket-and-shoulder-strap-17-x-12-x-4″/

Newguy1980

Reaction score
That Linjer looks very nice. Try Glaser Designs, they can do some modifications. They appear more expensive but the quality is there, so the value is there.

Here is one example but look around a bit. They do have black.

If you but tell them Roy T sent you!

Good luck...

http://www.glaserdesigns.com/2014/12/05/natural-leather-platform-portfolio-with-open-back-pocket-and-shoulder-strap-17-x-12-x-4″/
Thanks echo7tango. I will be the glasers in mind but i think they are currently out of my price range

EvanNole

Reaction score

Finally have some time to put this together for this Hrothgar Stibbon leather briefcase. Enjoy.

Nicely done video, and glad to hear that you're so happy with the case you got from Roth. I still get compliments on mine on a weekly basis, and it's wearing and breaking in extremely well. Enjoy yours in good health!

masayako

Reaction score
Nicely done video, and glad to hear that you're so happy with the case you got from Roth. I still get compliments on mine on a weekly basis, and it's wearing and breaking in extremely well. Enjoy yours in good health!

Thanks Evan. It's has been a great briefcase. Roth is a very nice leather maker to work with. Very pleased with the product here. I am sure it will last me a lifetime and more.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Ive just posted this in our affiliate thread, but Im re/cross posting here as the biggest SF briefcase and attache thread and its a specifically about an attache Attache.

We are shooting our next workshop film next month. Its going to be our biggest film project to date, this time shot on 16mm film. We're going to show the making of a product we've been getting ready for the last year or so, a cedar framed attache case. The one we make for the film is going to be made with the Cuir de Russie leather we've been doing a lot of work with recently. As part of the film making project we have a Kickstarter campaign to run alongside it. We want to make the whole process as accessible to the whole community and in particular the people who enjoy our work, you guys our customers of course, but also the leather working community, so we have a dedicated Instagram account (@EquusAttache) for kickstarter backers, and various rewards, both stuff we make using the same Cuir de Russie but also prints of stills from the shoot and design process, photobooks, all sorts of interesting things. Take a look, it would be great to have you guys join in the process!

Heres a few photos

A pre-prototype made last year - lots of tweaks made since then!

View attachment 1018067 View attachment 1018068

and heres some from inside the workshops during the prototyping process, both wood and leatherwork. These are 35mm film, which is what we're using to document the processes

View attachment 1018072 View attachment 1018073 View attachment 1018076 View attachment 1018077

Charlie

Another cross post for the attache/briefcase crowd :)

Hi Guys,

I thought you might like a preview of the attache - here are a few photos from yesterday. This is the prototype we completed to check our measurements etc before we start shooting the film for the launch of the real thing - more photos to follow.

_DSC3777_1500px 2.JPG
_DSC3773_1500px 2.JPG

and heres an iPhone photo of the handle - people have been particularly interested in the handle and is a feature that will be shared with a future briefcase

IMG_5457 2.JPG

If you havent already come and take a look at the Kickstarter - lots of Cuir de Russie and Attache goodness!

Charlie

fazalmajid

Reaction score
Hi guys
I am loving the look of Linjer Soft Brisfcase in black but it has one fatal flaw. Its too small - the depth is just

Sadly it seems like they pivoted from leather bags to being yet another "lifestyle brand" making me-too quartz watches. Too bad, their bags were excellent for the price, with good design to match.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads