• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brew Masters on Discovery

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did anyone else catch this? It's only the premier episode, but as a homebrewer and craft beer lover, I thought it was fascinating. I'm hooked.

Now, if they can just manage to show less of that lame-ass rap....

animeman05

Reaction score
Saw the commercials and I have to admit it looks very interesting.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the movie adaptation.

no, actually, I'm just waiting on a few things to square up before I can drink again in earnest.

socialdtk

Reaction score
I saw the preview upon arriving home from work. The one with hundreds of red capped 90 Minute Imperial IPAs traveling down the conveyor belt to be labelled, boxed, and shipped across the country. This was enough to prompt me to make a quick trip to the local grocery store to purchase a pack. I also picked up some Punkin Ale. I forgot to watch the show
frown.gif

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was pretty good. Sam is a good narrator/host and a likable dude.

Anything about craft brew getting bigger (or more widely distrubuted) is good news in my book.

whallyden

Reaction score
Teach -- What are your favorite books on home brew for the beginner?

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
brilliant show, I have to say it exceeded all my expectations.

I'd really like to see some footage about their Palo Santo Marron beer and the exotic wood casks they made for it.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sam seems like a really cool dude. My only complaint is the Blue Moon commercials.
facepalm.gif

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whallyden
Teach -- What are your favorite books on home brew for the beginner?

I really like Designing Great Beers and the third edition of The Complete Joy of Homebrewing. When you get through those, you absolutely must get Radical Brewing. If you like Belgians and plan to brew them, get Brew Like a Monk. There are other good ones, too, but these are a very complete start.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I couldn't watch the Chica episode. Seriously. That's some disgusting ****. But I did watch the last episode, which was really cool. The part I enjoyed the most was the fact that they collected wild yeasts for their beer. (Of course, there's nothing to say that these were the same yeasts that the ancient Egyptians were using, but it still ups the cool factor.)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not up to that one yet. Just finished the 3rd ep last night. I wonder how that Tamarillo beer tastes?

Quick question for you on the process Teach - So it goes:

Water +Hops +Barley go into the Mash Tun, gets boiled

The liquid that strains out is the "wort". The yeast gets added to that in the "?"(I don't remember what the thing was called).

Then the spices are added as its boiled again to kill any bacteria.

Then left to sit and ferment

Is that right?

surf4hours

Reaction score
I had the Bitches Brew on tap this week. Not bad, smoky flavor which was interesting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads