1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

breathing through mouth

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by KingKongLives, Mar 27, 2006.

1. KingKongLives

KingKongLives Active Member

when i sleep or maybe even when i'm awake i tend to breathe through my mouth by habit

i suspect this may be the reason why i have a chronic stuffy nose

any input or ideas?

2. j

j Senior member Admin

It may also be that you breathe through your mouth because of the stuffy nose. Have you been to a doctor about it?

In Japan, they sell adhesive bandage-style things designed to seal one's mouth closed to prevent this and snoring.

3. visionology

visionology Senior member

Or those breathe right strips that hold your nose open and go on the exterior of your nose, the same as what the athletes use.

4. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

In Japan, they sell adhesive bandage-style things designed to seal one's mouth closed to prevent this and snoring.
    uhhh...

5. j

j Senior member Admin

uhhh...
    Seriously. I saw them when I was trying to buy a moleskin-like product for my blistered feet. It had a picture of a woman lying on a pillow with her mouth taped shut. (This was a pharmacy, not a perv mart)

6. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

One of my friends used that. It works really well. The Japanese think of everything - I mean, those damn toilets.

7. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior member

This post reminded me of an associate at my firm a long time ago who we derisively labeled a "mouth breather." He was obnoxious. Always talked, which just accentuated his mouth breathing. There would be audible inhaling and exhaling going on, which bugged the crap out of just about everyone he worked with. We've long since forgotten his name, but to this day remember the nickname.

You should probably get it check out...

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

This post reminded me of an associate at my firm a long time ago who we derisively labeled a "mouth breather." He was obnoxious. Always talked, which just accentuated his mouth breathing. There would be audible inhaling and exhaling going on, which bugged the crap out of just about everyone he worked with. We've long since forgotten his name, but to this day remember the nickname.

You should probably get it check out...

Like Phillip Seymour Hoffman?

9. KingKongLives

although i don't remember the details, i had an operation for some breathing problem i had when i was quite young, and in consequence, i have always breathred through my mouth i believe.

i just remember going to a doctor, and she told me that i should breathe through my nose.

all of a sudden i thought of it again for my chronic stuffy nose problem. although , i attribute that to allergies as well.

have any links to any gizmos?

=nose strips are rather vague. i'm not sure what you mean. how would athletic nasa strips stop me from breathing through my mouth?

10. shellshock

shellshock Senior member

have any links to any gizmos?

=nose strips are rather vague. i'm not sure what you mean. how would athletic nasa strips stop me from breathing through my mouth?

from amazon.com:

Breathe RightÂ[​IMG] Nasal Strips:

* Relieves nasal congestion
    * Drug-Fee
    * Cold & allergy relief

Ideal For Dry or Sensitive Skin:

* Gentle on skin
    * Easy to remove
    * Comfortable to wear

It's simple. Two flexible, "spring-like" pieces gently lift nasal passages open while a special adhesive holds the strip comfortably in place.

Breathe RightÂ[​IMG] nasal strips can provide temporary relief from nasal congestion and stuffiness and may also reduce or eliminate snoring. Use while sleeping, exercising, or during the day.

Size is important. Get the right size for maximum benefit

11. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

12. ATM

ATM Senior member

I used to breathe through my mouth until I had my adenoids removed.

13. javyn

javyn Senior member

14. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

I used to breathe through my mouth until I had my adenoids removed.

Same here. But because I was a mouthbreather for the first nine years of my life, it was hard to break the habit.

15. KingKongLives

yeah

i think that's what happened to me

how did you "break your habit"?

i'm just thinking that the problems i'm having are due to it.

16. kayumochi

kayumochi Active Member

Find out about the Buteyko breathing method. It deals with this very problem.