• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Breaking the rules

Wat do SF?

• Let him wear it

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • No... just... no

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters

thisisfun

Reaction score
The only reason I actually care is because he asked me for my opinion on the pairing, otherwise, I wouldn't have even known what he was going.
And no I don't plan on emulating the look at all, I probably can't either because the darkest dress shirt I own happens to be this color

Quote: I might even suggest that you are a self seeking troll especially as you bumped the thread after three hours.

The thread was still on the first page of the "Men's Clothing" subforum after 3 hours, and nothing irks me more than when there's a thread with a few dozen views and zero responses.

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The only reason I actually care is because he asked me for my opinion on the pairing, otherwise, I wouldn't have even known what he was going. 
And no I don't plan on emulating the look at all, I probably can't either because the darkest dress shirt I own happens to be this color

The thread was still on the first page of the "Men's Clothing" subforum after 3 hours, and nothing irks me more than when there's a thread with a few dozen views and zero responses.

At your eleventh post you have no right to complain, if people wish to respond they will but not to your order. I believe that you are a troll and this is all make believe.

thisisfun

Reaction score
At your eleventh post you have no right to complain, if people wish to respond they will but not to your order. I believe that you are a troll and this is all make believe.

What does post-count have to do with anything? I simply asked for more feedback because I was getting none, there was no "ordering" involved, whether anybody chooses to oblige my request is completely out of my control.

If you're so convinced that I'm "trolling", then by all means, stop posting in the thread. You've offered no valuable feedback, in fact, all you've been is abrasive.

Last edited:

Needsmoreshoes

Reaction score
I said "Let him wear it" because if you upgrade his outfit for the night then there will be less attention put towards your more carefully considered and ultimately superior outfit thus diminishing your presence as one of sartorial knowledge.

Let him make his own mistakes!

albeindc

Reaction score
i say let him wear it because prom is meant to be a fun time with friends. everyone shows up in all sorts of crazy getup, and it's fun to look back on that and say "wow, what was i thinking". let him do his own thing, and you can do yours.
fing02[1].gif

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The gist of it is basically that one of my friends is going to prom next week, and is planning on wearing a dark navy shirt with his black suit. Now normally I would be strongly against such a pairing, but he eventually convinced me to see the outfit first before I passed judgement.

Here's the weird part; the combination actually looks good,and he wears it very confidently. 

Given this, should I keep trying to dissuade him from this outfit, or should I let him be?

At your age (Prom) what is just as important as your clothes would be taking a good thorough shower, making sure you guys properly wash your junk and brush your teeth. After that, as long as the clothes are clean and paid for, you'll all be fine. It would be better if he wore an off-white shirt but if the blue shirt is set upon then so be it. if he wants to look like a bruise that is his choice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads