1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Breakfast Replacement Shake

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by atct86, May 3, 2012.

1. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I'd rank chicago, harvard, princeton and upenn way ahead of LSE

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  2. fuji

fuji Senior member

Fuark, rank 4 now. I am retard.

3. Superfluous Man

Superfluous Man Senior member

It's not. Just as protein from chicken isn't the same as protein from beef. I'm not sure why we're talking about protein, though.

Nobody cares which school you go to.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  4. fuji

fuji Senior member

Yeah probably has a slightly different amino acid profile, does it matter? Will it still help you recover after lifting? People put too much thought into minute aspects of fitness.

5. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

Right, hence the word "theory" in the title of his post. He's extrapolating from other data; he's not just making things up because it sounds good. He also makes this prediction:

Just because something hasn't been proven in every instance imaginable doesn't make it broscience.

Uh, it's not. Hell, the nutrients from eggs aren't the same as the nutrients from beef aren't the same as the nutrients from broccoli. The comment that you called broscience wasn't even addressing the idea that naturally-ocurring forms of nutrients are better than those derived from supplements (which they very likely are, and in some cases, such as vitamin e, demonstrably are), it was simply saying that they're not the same (which they irrefutably aren't).

Oh you go to a top-ranked school for econ? As fascinating as that fact is, it's relevance to this discussion is precisely zero.

And I'm not angry, I'm just busting your balls, so don't take it personally.

6. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

Sure, but sufficient != optimal.

And I agree with your last point about overanalyzing, but you're the one who started this line of discussion by calling something broscience when it wasn't.