break up with a bro

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by jwagner15, May 4, 2009.

1. jwagner15

jwagner15 Active Member

It has been said before that you can't break up with your friends (Louis C.K. said this, the legend), but I want to break it off with one of mine. This friend of mine hasn't been invited over in months, but he just shows up at my house randomly, even though no one else in my family likes him and I have told him not to show up without a call. I go to school with him too, so I can't really just ignore him, though I have tried. I'm a guy, so when faced with a problem or conflict I usually just make jokes (like all guys), what should I do?

2. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

Get some fun out of it. Steal the girlfriend. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

start by saying it's not him, it's you. maybe point out that there's other bros out there for the broing. maybe something like "listen bro, there's plenty other of bros in the brocean," and sometimes you just know when something's not working out. it's like that old bro saying "if you love something, let it bro." if he is a righteous bro, he will understand that when the broing gets tough, the tough get broing.

4. jwagner15

jwagner15 Active Member

Get some fun out of it. Steal the girlfriend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ice cold, I would if she didn't also look like a dude, lol.

5. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Awkward situation. If you just kind of become cold/distant, do you think that might get the message across after a few weeks?

6. Lucky Strike

Ice cold, I would if she didn't also look like a dude, lol.
    Very well, less fun. Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and do the job.

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Very well, less fun. Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and do the job.

He has to make man-love with his bro? Or with the Brosephina? Or both? At once?

8. Lucky Strike

He has to make man-love with his bro? Or with the Brosephina? Or both? At once?
    All those would probably also work, although I was thinking about mannish love with the Brosephina.

9. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Why don't you like him anymore? Maybe it will be better to put all the cards on the table and take it from there. If he considers you a good friend he's going to be pretty broken up about it. Probably more upset over a failed bromance than romance.

10. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Tell him you can't see him anymore because you've been secretly in love with him all of this time and you just need to break away. This will either work and he will run in the other direction or it will fail horribly. [​IMG] Post the results either way!

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

start by saying it's not him, it's you. maybe point out that there's other bros out there for the broing. maybe something like "listen bro, there's plenty other of bros in the brocean," and sometimes you just know when something's not working out. it's like that old bro saying "if you love something, let it bro." if he is a righteous bro, he will understand that when the broing gets tough, the tough get broing.
    I feel like this next-level series of puns failed to get its due. Applause.

12. GQDerek

GQDerek Well-Known Member

Withold sex brah.

13. jessis

jessis Senior member

Get him involved when you go out with a group of bros and try and get him hooked on another bro...

14. hossoso

hossoso Coward and P*ssy

+1. You have two choices: bro hard or bro home.

15. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

I feel like this next-level series of puns failed to get its due. Applause.

+1. I especially liked the use of "brocean."