1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: Royce Gracie vs. Kung Fu master

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Soph, Aug 27, 2006.

1. mizanation

mizanation Senior member

^^^ funny, yet sad. you know, it's hard not to be good at aikido when you're that frickin' big. i bet he was tossing little aikidokas all day.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

^^^ funny, yet sad. you know, it's hard not to be good at aikido when you're that frickin' big. i bet he was tossing little aikidokas all day.

Just to point out that just because aikido is not particularly effective in "the real world" or in MMA competitions doesn't necessarily mean that it's easy to become a good practitioner.

3. mizanation

mizanation Senior member

ah, very true, LA guy.

4. nairb49

nairb49 Senior member

mizanation-I can't hold back the curiosity! Do you know Seagal via martial arts/singing(?)/film?

Or personal friends etc etc. Feel free to PM if Seagal has threatened you never to tell.

5. mizanation

mizanation Senior member

my friend's cousin works for him (for film) and introduced him to a bunch of my other close friends in japan.

6. Soph

Soph Senior member

[​IMG]

I'm going to take you to the bank, the blood bank

7. longhair333

longhair333 New Member

yeah some of you are correct. there is a major difference in mma and a street fight. when you fight in mma your always ready. in a bar fight one person starts before the other one giving them a big advantage. another is have you ever been slammed on a bar floor or sidewalk. you don't get up after being slammed on a hard surface the ground is a weapon.
    Royce Gracie rules

8. flashback

flashback Senior member