1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Brands you won't buy because of counterfeits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by pendragon, Nov 22, 2009.

1. sns23

sns23 Senior member

not being cheap and just buying from the retailer solves this problem.

2. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Here's a couple of Armani gems I spotted during lunchtime at the local mall. I'm sure Giorgio would approve of course.

Anagram.
    [​IMG]

Do I get a discount because of the missing 'G'?
    [​IMG]

EDIT:

BTW I just saw this beauty on HermesMan's 'SoHighFashion' blog.
    [​IMG]
    ...apparently this one is real though.

"besides from the belt this is my recently acquired polo t from Emporio Armani .Quality isnt that great maybe because it is Made in Turkey , but i really like the design. Great addition to my polo t collection, however I still have many more polo t that i desire." :slayer:

http://sohighfashion.blogspot.com/

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  3. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

:crackup:

4. Deedee

Deedee Senior member

This has got to be the best blog i have seen so far. This made my day.

Quote:

5. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

This is my all time favourite post..
    "The label inside that tells Made in Italy and size . You must be thinking no I did not wear the t-shirt with the label hanging like that when i am outside, i must be hanging the label for the blog shot purposes.."
    [​IMG]
    "Nope you are wrong i actually wear it like this all the time!"
    [​IMG]
    He's totally priceless!! :D

6. Buda

Buda New Member

I love Allen Edmond shoes. A couple years ago I lost about a 120lbs, and so my feet shrunk- Cool, but bummer when came to my shoe collection. I could have sold them on Ebay but i thought it would be good to give them to an African Catholic priest who happened to wear a size 13. I informed him on how AE will refurbish them for less than $100.

So I thought, well I need to buy some good dress shoes but I might lose more weight. So I bought a pair of pre-owned AE on Ebay for $65. When they I arrived I was amazed by clean and new they looked. I told my friends that the only person who wore these shoes was a dead man.

Well, enough of the story. The AEs that I bought are fakes. They hurt like hell on my feet, and they are not wides. I have had Ashtons before and they have never felt this bad. The $ doesn't bother me, but the lie does.

I have learned to see fake AEs. I can look at the price and pic on Ebay, and just know that they are fakes. This is a sad way to learn the difference, but I should thank God that I didn't pay $325.

7. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

This is the first time I have ever heard of fake AEs.

8. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Oh there's definitely knock-off AEs, not too widespread though, but they do exist.

It doesn't have to be high-ticket lux footwear that's targeted by the counterfeiters, e.g. Ferragamo and Gucci, one can even find fake Clarks shoes now.

We'll probably see a lot more counterfeit AEs in the near future.
    http://www.jsonline.com/business/company-expands-global-footprint-qt3asn9-135068428.html

"Allen Edmonds Shoe Corp. said Tuesday it will begin selling shoes in China under a new licensing deal that could double the size of the company over the next 10 years, creating jobs at its headquarters in Port Washington."

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  9. ndsleep612

ndsleep612 Well-Known Member

Valentino due to their "made in China" tags being swapped out with "made in Italy" tags. There is a massive flood or fake Gucci and LV lurking about, along with Fauxlex and Tug Heuers.

10. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Fake Rolexes? Really? :puzzled: