• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brandon Routh (New Superman) doing Cary Grant?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No dimple, but it's better than most stars.
15rnxpf.jpg
15ryziq.jpg

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
heh, man of steel of course.

my opinion: looks awful. looks like a groomsman, or worse the groom, at a crappy wedding.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd give him points for trying, but that suit and shirt look pretty ill-fitting to me.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As compared to how some star look exhibit a below:
[
15ry3r8.jpg

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
15ryziq.jpg

Earthmover

Reaction score
Two things that bother me are the low gorge (from the 80s?) and the tie knot. At least he's trying, though.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The tie knot is shaped a bit like the Superman "S" shield, no?

Deliberate or coincidence? You decide.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just because the guy puts on a grey suit doesn't make him Cary Grant. I don't see anything special about the way he dresses. Furthermore, he doesn't hold the candle to Pitt's style, IMO. Your subject is mediocre at best.

16520Man

Reaction score
Yeah, Earthmover, that dredges up repressed memories of one of my first suits in the eighties.

Now for the real reason I'm posting: DarkNWorn, your avatar rules. Any fan of AlizÃ
00a9.png
e is...as perverted as me.

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
No dimple, but it's better than most stars.

I disagree. Most young stars don't care to dress up, and when they do, it's not usually to my taste, but they at least usually demonstrate some sense of personal style. Ghastly hairstyling and horrific tie knot aside, this guy looks like he's just wearing something his publicist or 'stylist' (or mommy) told him to wear.

He may be a perfectly fine young man, and he certainly gets points for effort, but seriously -- Cary Grant? Heretic.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 16520Man
Any fan of AlizÃ
00a9.png

Alizee FTW.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 16520Man
Any fan of AlizÃ
00a9.png

Speak for yourself.
lookaround.gif

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
To be perfectly fair, Christopher Reeves wasn't all that stylish as Clark Kent in the originals. Probably on purpose... he's supposed to look like an average joe.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
To be perfectly fair, Christopher Reeves wasn't all that stylish as Clark Kent in the originals. Probably on purpose... he's supposed to look like an average joe.

True, and I understand that the three-piece fits the vaguely retro feel Singer is going for. But the three-piece suit has enough problems as it is without looking shlubby in a major summer blockbuster.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads