• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brand Names that Turn You Off

IndianaGeo

Reaction score
I've been on the hunt for a good solid pair of blue jeans recently and can't seem to find anything good without it having some funky rubber stuff, or pre-shredding done to them, etc. So I found myself in a store over the last weekend and I thought I'd found what I was looking for only to see the brand was called "Boss Orange". The jeans had sort of a brownish-orange coloured piece of leather with the brand name sewn on it on above the back pocket where such things usually are. The term "orange" just turned me off so much I didn't buy them. I mean, I love oranges to eat, don't get me wrong...but that name on a pair of blue jeans just didn't do it for me.

Does anyone out there have similar experiences where the brand name just turns you off?

Rgds,
IndianaGeo

citizenshame

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IndianaGeo
I've been on the hunt for a good solid pair of blue jeans recently and can't seem to find anything good without it having some funky rubber stuff, or pre-shredding done to them, etc. So I found myself in a store over the last weekend and I thought I'd found what I was looking for only to see the brand was called "Boss Orange". The jeans had sort of a brownish-orange coloured piece of leather with the brand name sewn on it on above the back pocket where such things usually are. The term "orange" just turned me off so much I didn't buy them. I mean, I love oranges to eat, don't get me wrong...but that name on a pair of blue jeans just didn't do it for me.

Does anyone out there have similar experiences where the brand name just turns you off?

Rgds,
IndianaGeo

True Religion is the worst. Rock and Republic is pretty bad, too.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can always cut off the orange patch if you don't like it.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone ever see the patch at the back of your waistband when you're wearing jeans?

citizenshame

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
Why would anyone ever see the patch at the back of your waistband when you're wearing jeans?

When you're dancing and decide to drop it like it's hot, I assume.

oldog/oldtrix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just hate "Juicy Couture," but I wear mine anyway.

edlarnold

Reaction score
..or when you "get low" as the youngsters might say

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lardini has to be the worst I've heard; they make nice midrange items (they also manufacture for lots of other designers, like Ferragamo), but I always think "Lardassi" when I try something.

Hermes made a soft document/briefcase a year or two back that was called the "Pursangle." I thought that was a dumb name, especially for a $9000 bag.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate to see the Polo RL logo on overweight sloppy-dressed people. It degrades the brand. It blows my mind that RL sells crappy polo shirts for $15 at TJ Maxx and at the same time has a line of suits for over 1K.

Basically, anything with a logo turns me off. I prefer not to be associated (consciously or subconsciously) with anyone who wears the same brand as I do.

TurboBruce

Reaction score
I saw a guy last week who was wearing a t-shirt with "De Puta Madre" written on it. Apparently, it's the name of a brand...

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
I hate to see the Polo RL logo on overweight sloppy-dressed people. It degrades the brand. It blows my mind that RL sells crappy polo shirts for $15 at TJ Maxx and at the same time has a line of suits for over 1K.

Basically, anything with a logo turns me off. I prefer not to be associated (consciously or subconsciously) with anyone who wears the same brand as I do.

I have major problem with the new gigantic Polo emblem on their polo shirts.

Sartorial1

Reaction score
Polo
Prada
Louis Vuitton
Tommy Hilfigger
Find Designers Everywhere

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter
I have major problem with the new gigantic Polo emblem on their polo shirts.
Your going to see a lot more of those shirts and not just on rappers...im happy to say that i dont own one, and sad to see that they retail for 98USD They were sponsored again this year as well...
qr-code-ralph-lauren-poster.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics