• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brand Names that Turn You Off

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TurboBruce
I saw a guy last week who was wearing a t-shirt with "De Puta Madre" written on it. Apparently, it's the name of a brand...

Does that mean "whore mother" or is my Latin derivation off the mark?

There is a brand I keep seeing at Winners that I can't remember the name of -- button-up shirts with Laguna Beach-style super-thick contrast stitching all over everything and weird extra flaps and buttons all over as well, I'm talking buttons randomly placed on the collar, all kinds of heinous ****. I'll snap a photo next time I see one if I'm carrying my cell phone.

+1 on Ed Hardy

I've always loathed Old Navy clothing, too. If you're the cheapest clothing store this side of Walmart why on earth would you put your brand name on your clothes??? Nobody could possibly be proud to be shopping there, why not let them hide their shame the way they probably want to?

It absolutely disgusts me to see anything the least bit branded (including the "subtle" pocket designs) by Hollister, Abercrombie, AE, and Aeropostale worn by anyone who looks like they're out of college.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
I just hate "Juicy Couture," but I wear mine anyway.

lol8[1].gif

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Da Luis Vuitton Don
Your going to see a lot more of those shirts and not just on rappers...im happy to say that i dont own one, and sad to see that they retail for 98USD
qr-code-ralph-lauren-poster.jpg

Yea, it's a terrible shame seeing that brand strategy in the US Open. It just made it reek of cheap, gaudiness.

Polo has such a recognizable logo, I have no idea why they thought they needed to make it that obnoxious.

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
i agree with the guy who says old navy sucks.so my view here is any logo that represents cheap clothiong.... @Butter-very poor choice on their end for sure! @Butter- they also have the new line of hats and cologne with the over grown label
frown.gif

TurboBruce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
Does that mean "whore mother" or is my Latin derivation off the mark?

Yep but according to Urban Dictionary, "All over Spain, "de puta madre" means extremely good, appealing, desirable. It applies to people, situations, experiences, anything." Still a crappy name though.

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter
Yea, it's a terrible shame seeing that brand strategy in the US Open. It just made it reek of cheap, gaudiness.

Polo has such a recognizable logo, I have no idea why they thought they needed to make it that obnoxious.

they think they are on to something big apparently....
rlbpfrag.jpg

Ralph%20Lauren%20Pink%20Pony%20Football%20Jersey%20Top653.jpg

Exalt

Reaction score
Speaking of out of control "branding" ...

88288484_10-1jpg.jpeg

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a fan of Gucci in the sense that I typically like what they send down the runway (though most of it's too unimaginative to be worth even 1/4 of the asking price) but I ******* loathe that all-over monogram. I can't quite put my finger on why, but to me it's way worse than LV's various all-over prints, which are still awfully gaudy.

If that was a plain khaki jacket with just the red & green stripe around the collar, fine. But even then there's nothing interesting about the design that I can see from this photo and I'm sure it cost more than a thousand bucks.

(I have to ask, what on earth is LOSO?)

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
I am a fan of Gucci in the sense that I typically like what they send down the runway (though most of it's too unimaginative to be worth even 1/4 of the asking price) but I ******* loathe that all-over monogram. I can't quite put my finger on why, but to me it's way worse than LV's various all-over prints, which are still awfully gaudy. If that was a plain khaki jacket with just the red & green stripe around the collar, fine. But even then there's nothing interesting about the design that I can see from this photo and I'm sure it cost more than a thousand bucks. (I have to ask, what on earth is LOSO?)
fabulous in spanish is fabuloso loso of fabuloso....<<<found on yahoo answers... and obviously i am a fan of the jacket. bitches luv that type of ****
biggrin.gif

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Names? Panta.
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Lardini has to be the worst I've heard; they make nice midrange items (they also manufacture for lots of other designers, like Ferragamo), but I always think "Lardassi" when I try something. Hermes made a soft document/briefcase a year or two back that was called the "Pursangle." I thought that was a dumb name, especially for a $9000 bag.
Heh, also Tardini.

Exalt

Reaction score
I am a fan of Gucci in the sense that I typically like what they send down the runway (though most of it's too unimaginative to be worth even 1/4 of the asking price) but I ******* loathe that all-over monogram. I can't quite put my finger on why, but to me it's way worse than LV's various all-over prints, which are still awfully gaudy.

If that was a plain khaki jacket with just the red & green stripe around the collar, fine. But even then there's nothing interesting about the design that I can see from this photo and I'm sure it cost more than a thousand bucks.

(I have to ask, what on earth is LOSO?)

I agree with you - I really don't mind some of Gucci's runway clothing either. But, that **** is out of control. It's even worse when there is custom installed Gucci upholstery in the Range Rover that matches the jacket.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't wear anything by Polo because of their stupid-ass emblem/horse...also, I
want nothing to do with bastards who wear said clothing

Trenditional

Reaction score
Roca Wear

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Basically, anything with a logo turns me off. I prefer not to be associated (consciously or subconsciously) with anyone who wears the same brand as I do.

Agreed. I go out of my way to get stuff that isn't branded, or else I remove the labeling. I already paid for the ****, why would I advertise for free on top of it?

GBer

Reaction score
E

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads