• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Brand Names that Turn You Off

IndianaGeo

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2009
Messages
54
Reaction score
1
I've been on the hunt for a good solid pair of blue jeans recently and can't seem to find anything good without it having some funky rubber stuff, or pre-shredding done to them, etc. So I found myself in a store over the last weekend and I thought I'd found what I was looking for only to see the brand was called "Boss Orange". The jeans had sort of a brownish-orange coloured piece of leather with the brand name sewn on it on above the back pocket where such things usually are. The term "orange" just turned me off so much I didn't buy them. I mean, I love oranges to eat, don't get me wrong...but that name on a pair of blue jeans just didn't do it for me.

Does anyone out there have similar experiences where the brand name just turns you off?

Rgds,
IndianaGeo
 

citizenshame

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2008
Messages
356
Reaction score
14
Originally Posted by IndianaGeo
I've been on the hunt for a good solid pair of blue jeans recently and can't seem to find anything good without it having some funky rubber stuff, or pre-shredding done to them, etc. So I found myself in a store over the last weekend and I thought I'd found what I was looking for only to see the brand was called "Boss Orange". The jeans had sort of a brownish-orange coloured piece of leather with the brand name sewn on it on above the back pocket where such things usually are. The term "orange" just turned me off so much I didn't buy them. I mean, I love oranges to eat, don't get me wrong...but that name on a pair of blue jeans just didn't do it for me.

Does anyone out there have similar experiences where the brand name just turns you off?

Rgds,
IndianaGeo


True Religion is the worst. Rock and Republic is pretty bad, too.
 

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2009
Messages
6,514
Reaction score
516
You can always cut off the orange patch if you don't like it.
 

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2010
Messages
3,860
Reaction score
2,242
Why would anyone ever see the patch at the back of your waistband when you're wearing jeans?
 

citizenshame

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2008
Messages
356
Reaction score
14
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
Why would anyone ever see the patch at the back of your waistband when you're wearing jeans?

When you're dancing and decide to drop it like it's hot, I assume.
 

oldog/oldtrix

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
928
I just hate "Juicy Couture," but I wear mine anyway.
 

edlarnold

Active Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
..or when you "get low" as the youngsters might say
 

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
15,049
Reaction score
1,177
Lardini has to be the worst I've heard; they make nice midrange items (they also manufacture for lots of other designers, like Ferragamo), but I always think "Lardassi" when I try something.

Hermes made a soft document/briefcase a year or two back that was called the "Pursangle." I thought that was a dumb name, especially for a $9000 bag.
 

acecow

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2009
Messages
4,138
Reaction score
703
I hate to see the Polo RL logo on overweight sloppy-dressed people. It degrades the brand. It blows my mind that RL sells crappy polo shirts for $15 at TJ Maxx and at the same time has a line of suits for over 1K.

Basically, anything with a logo turns me off. I prefer not to be associated (consciously or subconsciously) with anyone who wears the same brand as I do.
 

TurboBruce

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 17, 2010
Messages
86
Reaction score
1
I saw a guy last week who was wearing a t-shirt with "De Puta Madre" written on it. Apparently, it's the name of a brand...
 

Butter

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
1,175
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by acecow
I hate to see the Polo RL logo on overweight sloppy-dressed people. It degrades the brand. It blows my mind that RL sells crappy polo shirts for $15 at TJ Maxx and at the same time has a line of suits for over 1K.

Basically, anything with a logo turns me off. I prefer not to be associated (consciously or subconsciously) with anyone who wears the same brand as I do.



I have major problem with the new gigantic Polo emblem on their polo shirts.
 

Sartorial1

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
299
Reaction score
0
Polo
Prada
Louis Vuitton
Tommy Hilfigger
Find Designers Everywhere
 

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
707
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Butter
I have major problem with the new gigantic Polo emblem on their polo shirts.
Your going to see a lot more of those shirts and not just on rappers...im happy to say that i dont own one, and sad to see that they retail for 98USD They were sponsored again this year as well...
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

  • JW Anderson x Uniqlo

  • Nigo x Virgil Abloh

  • Converse x Midnight Studios

  • Rick Owens x Champion

  • Barbour x Engineered Garments

  • Adidas x Bed JW Ford

  • Jordan Brand x Dior

  • Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

  • Lego x Levi's


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
446,329
Messages
9,651,572
Members
201,686
Latest member
OneShot90
Top