• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brady of England - Bags

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have two of them and love them. I highly recommend them.

The first one I bought when my son was born because I wasn't about to carry some lavender flower patterned diaper bag. So I got the canvas creel with the rubber snap in liner. It turned out to be a rather brilliant move since the waterproof liner came in handy with leaky bottles and wet wipes. It is now 22 years old and still has lots of life in it.

I also have one that I got in London that is a large, square bag that looks like a portfolio carrying bag with a shoulder strap and leather buckle flap.

bradey.jpg

sologigolos

Reaction score
yeah I'm reading up on it a little bit and it seems like quality bags.
Aside from quality, some of those, like the leisure lie above, are straight up beautiful.

Filson's trying to (while keeping its core customer base of hunters) move into a bigger market, hiring the Ralph Lauren guy and all. I really think Brady could, too. This seems too good a bag to stay hidden like that.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brady is already a very popular fashion bag in Japan. For some reason it never has attained that status in the US. I think it could be very popular here if the marketing and branding was done right. I'm sure the strong English Pound hasn't helped.

I like it because it is so well built with beautiful leather and heavy, durable twill.

I think the creel with the outside netting, looks cool, but I always put it back because I imagine it catching on things. But, get it if you like it.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here on SF know anyone connected with Brady bags? If so, PM me please. Thanks.

sologigolos

Reaction score
just got the Windsor briefcase/messenger
Windsor.jpg

it's quite amazing actually. a bit slimmer than I expected, that's a bummer. i needed a lot more storage than that. but it's quite gorgeous. leather's great, canvas is awesome, i'm happy with every single detail of the bag
except that the quick release is not such a qick release, and it's even harder to fasten, but that gets better with time as the leather softens, right?

listed at 199 pounds, but through quite a bit of googling, got it at $240 shipped, which was like 120 quids for the bag and 20 more for shipping. not too bad.
i would love the marlborough

Marlborough0.5.jpg

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man, "brady england" is not gonna be easy to search for on ebay

sologigolos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Are these bags tougher than the other Brady of England?

dono, it's my firstbrady experience, and so far i'm content with what i'm seeing. it doesn't seem to have a weak spot at all. have you had experiences with weak bags? do they rip and stuff easily?

sologigolos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
man, "brady england" is not gonna be easy to search for on ebay

only results in US ebay is under "fishing"

http://sporting-goods.search.ebay.co...Z1QQsofocusZbs

in UK, there's a couple

hunting:
http://sports.shop.ebay.co.uk/items/...1QQ_sacatZ7301

fishing:
http://sports.shop.ebay.co.uk/items/...QQ_sacatZ14104

buuuuuuuuuuuuuut i think you've got better prices and better service at:

http://www.smithscountrypursuits.co.uk

click around, bags are scattered in many different categories

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sologigolos - did you get your briefcase through that last source? Quite like the look of the discovery line, especially the monmouth day bag.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sologigolos
just got the Windsor briefcase/messenger
Windsor.jpg

Marlborough0.5.jpg

I like the top one the best. I can imagine it taking on a nice patina once the leather has aged.

The bottom one is just OK, IMO. It is missing something to make it special, something like more leather, maybe outside pockets, a leather shoulder strap, that sort of thing. It could be a lot better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads