Braces33

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Braces33, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Braces33

Braces33 New Member

Hi any more braces (suspenders) wearers out there who like the look and feel of braces whether with formal suit or a more casual look?
    I would be glad to hear from others.

2. coolguy

coolguy New Member

Hi

I am only 22, and skinny, so braces do not fit the general perception. However, I just love the comfort and ease of wearing them, but do feel uncomfortable at showing them in public when I remove my jacket/cardigan. My Dad and Grandad wear braces, but my brothers have not yet taken the plunge.

3. Braces33

Braces33 New Member

Hi Coolguy,
    I am not finding this site easy to use and have sent you a private message but cannot find evidence that it has actually been sent so here goes again!
    Like you, I like the feel and comfort of braces but wish I had been bold to wear them without embarrassment years ago. It seems to me that most braces wearers of my generation try to keep them hidden, whereas the youger guys I see wearing braces seem to be bold and let them be seen (sometimes dangling, sometimes not).
    As you are 22, I guess your Dad, who you say wears braces can't be much over 50 (most likely younger), and if your Grandad wears them also it gives you a good start certainly to wear them at home.
    I would like to hear from you again as to how things are going. It is such a pity so many folks who prefer braces feel embarrassed letting them be seen.