Bracelets for men

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hopkins_student, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I see nothing wrong with a bracelet. I used to wear 4-5 black rubber bracelets at a time. I'm looking for a good deal on a Martin Margiela ID bracelet (or something similar) at the moment.

But you're right, j, if you have to ask, they don't work for you.

2. fkl118

fkl118 Senior member

And please, no "copper-magnetic-ionized-balanced" bracelets.

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Oh yes.

Men of the Latin, and Italian heirtageS I have seen have the distinct tendency to don bracelets.

4. sam

sam Senior member

I think ID bracelets always look tacky. Bracelets on men should provide a little flair---if you can pull it off---but not be gaudy.

I often wear small black rubber surfer bracelets and/or a chain-link bracelet, except they are sterling silver. I also sometimes wear charm bracelets that old girlfriends have made for me (years ago), but I'm funny like that.

5. StagRaven

StagRaven Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with gypsys OR farmers; that is, if you like eating food you have not grown or raised yourself, and you have respect for other's cultures. Thanks.

6. ernest

ernest Senior member

(ernest @ Mar. 26 2005,11:39) Nice if you are a gipsy, otherwise it is completely TACKY
    There's nothing wrong with gypsys OR farmers; that is, if you like eating food you have not grown or raised yourself, and you have respect for other's cultures. Â Thanks.
    So I suppose you dresses yourself like a farmer during the week and as a gypsy during the WE as you respect them ?

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I believe France has a fair amount of the Romanies.

8. misterbowles

misterbowles Senior member

(StagRaven @ Mar. 27 2005,03:19)
    Nice if you are a gipsy, otherwise it is completely TACKY
    There's nothing wrong with gypsys OR farmers; that is, if you like eating food you have not grown or raised yourself, and you have respect for other's cultures. Â Thanks.
    So I suppose you dresses yourself like a farmer during the week and as a gypsy during the WE as you respect them ?
    So, you respect neither farmers nor Roma? Classist and racist; at least you're well-rounded, Ernest. Le Pen would be proud.

9. ernest

ernest Senior member

Originally Posted by ernest,Mar. 26 2005,21:47

So, you respect neither farmers nor Roma? Classist and racist; at least you're well-rounded, Ernest. Le Pen would be proud.
    Do you respect drag queens? Do you respect leather fetichist SM gay people ?

10. misterbowles

misterbowles Senior member

(misterbowles @ Mar. 27 2005,06:47)

Do you respect drag queens? Do you respect leather fetichist SM gay people ?
    Yes.

11. Lydia

Lydia Senior member

I have friends who are both of these. Drag Queens are fine. S&M fetishists make me a bit uneasy, though.

Obviously, bracelets are not even a big deal. Hardly "too much".

12. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

Great staement Ernest, why do men wear rings, other than a wedding band or class ring, necklaces, diamonds, bracelet, etc...I think it is an inner femine trait, I am probably wrong, but in the South, you see all kinds of guys, mostly rednecks, wearing big diamond pinky rings or onyx and the such, and I have never gotten it, maybe it is a statement of wealth or wannabe wealth.....the "Jones'" thing.

13. Lydia

Lydia Senior member

Is yet another businessman in an expensive suit now considered more stylish than an errant gypsy in embroidered silk and a flowing caftan?

What has happened to taste?

Please, at least wear a jade bracelet with a griffin's face along with the stuffy suit.

14. uppercase

uppercase Senior member

I like diamond pinky rings and there is an old and noble history of distinguished men wearing all manner of jewelry. Look to Europe, the Ottoman empire, India for example.

Men without jewelry is only a recent innovation.

Actually, stepping out in the morning without the proper jewelry is unthinkable, like going without makeup or even a pouchette.

Similarly, drag queens are nice as were castratos. And why not. All of these gender variations had estimable roles in the royal courts and entertainment and indeed consorts. Today, we continue to pay to see drag queen shows.

Frankly, there needs to be room in our lives for drag queens as well as jewelery.

15. ernest

ernest Senior member

A man can not live without braces.

Ok, the question was not about braces... I had just gone out of bad.