• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bracelet/Band ideas for Vintage Rolex Sub

Bsquared

Reaction score
I'm fortunate enough to have my Grandfather's 1969 Stainless Rolex Submariner. The bracelet is the original and has broken (again). I might just replace it with another SS bracelet, but I'd like any suggestions on other ideas. Thanks.

Pelikan2

Reaction score
I wear my modern Sub on the oyster bracelet most of the time, but I do switch to a Nato strap occasionally. I'm not sure I'd want a Nato to be my only strap, but they're certainly comfortable and affordable. Has a Bond look about it.

Check out this thread form TimeZone: http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...37#msg_4085757

Bsquared

Reaction score
Exactly the kind of suggestion I was looking for, thanks. I ordered a black NATO strap. I couldn't find any stripes other than the "Bond" stripe.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bsquared
I'm fortunate enough to have my Grandfather's 1969 Stainless Rolex Submariner. The bracelet is the original and has broken (again). I might just replace it with another SS bracelet, but I'd like any suggestions on other ideas. Thanks.

IMO nothing looks better than a NATO or ZULU strap on the older (& in some cases newer sports Rolexs)

Not a Sub but very similar in looks..

NATO on the new GMTIIc

NATO on the older GMTII

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, sort of a preppy Rolex look.

Who would have thought it.

Personally, I would go with a metal band, but I've always preferred heavier substantial looking watches.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 270 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.8%
  • 31 - 40