1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Boxing vs Crossfit?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by jase12, May 3, 2012.

1. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Re the foregoing, I believe the standard weight for gloves in those days was six ounces. I think they just bred men tougher in those days. My grandfather had been a keen fight fan in that era (Pre WWI). I can recall watching one fight with the old boy not long before he died. As I recall, it was Benny "Kid" Paret vs. Emile Griffith. Griffith was pounding Paret against ropes and the ref stepped in to stop it. "They stopped it too soon!," my grandfather exclaimed. Paret had to be carried out of the ring and died a short time later. Not one of my grandfather's better call. Of course, some of the bouts in the old bare-knuckle era were real gorefests.

2. miniboxer

miniboxer New Member

3. miniboxer

miniboxer New Member

Jazzwecise knock off!!!! Lol

4. MacJack

MacJack Active Member

Many CrossFit moves incorporate standard weight lifting moves, but the focus is not only on increasing weight, but also on getting more repetitions in a certain amount of time.

5. z34kae3

z34kae3 New Member

From what I've heard, CrossFit is not the best Training method for longevity and health. Its the old circuit training from the 80's coming into fashion. Many high profile trainers that's been featured on Tim Ferris and The Joe Rogan show, talks badly about CrossFit. You'll excel at Crossfit if you're genetically gifted.

I would have done boxing if I were you. You'll also get the benefit of learning how to defend yourself which is always a great skill to have.