• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

boxer briefs reccomendations?

headcoat

Reaction score
It seems that every pair of boxer briefs I get become all stretched and baggy within 5 washes, thus negating the whole premise of the boxer brief.

Does anyone know of some decent (and affordable) brands? I would also like to avoid conspicuous branding splashed all across the waistband - so no Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Joe Boxer, etc.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They do not fit your branding requirement, but I've been incredibly happy with different types of underwear from Diesel's line which I purchased from Yoox some time back. I'll probably pick up some more of them soon.

I don't know if Jockey still makes them, but I also have a few pairs of some "one piece" brand they were selling about a year ago which have also kept their shape well and still look great on me. I think they eventually evolved them into the "Seamless" brands they're selling now.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jockey. Pima Cotton. Boxer-brief. Best ever.

They are a tight and short fit so they work under tight pants. Come in pretty neutral colours. They have a very small label sewn onto the leg and that's it for branding. I bought four pairs for a backpacking trip and wore them in 40+C heat and washed them in campsite sinks and they haven't stretched out and still look and fit great.

A

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can endure the branding with CK boxer/briefs cause they fit so damn well. All the others I've owned, all seem too much like regular boxers to me.

rainmaker

Reaction score
There's actually a Fruit of the Loom one that's 5 percent lycra or something. Good stuff.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i know you're not wanting a label all over your waist but, trust me on this . . . Calvin Klein 365 collection

they are the ones that come in the spacey looking ziplock bags. they are 95% cotton, 5% elastane so they retain their shape and stay formfitting to you without cutting off your circulation. the material for some reason still feels very soft and cotton like and breathable; which i think some cotton/stretch blends lack. they come in simple colors (black, grey and white). the design is simple and nongimmicky like some of the other CK lines

i don't know if the 25% sale on CK underwear is still on right now, but thats when i stock up.

i am kind of pissed about the foley's/macy's buy out though, because i used to get CK stuff at the 25% off sale plus the 20% coupons. macy's put out a 20% off coupon but it doesn't work on designer underwear.

you may be able to find cheaper brands, just make sure you find something with at least 5% elastane/spandex/etc. o saw some walmart ones with the same blend as the CK ones and no logo but my experience with buying basics from there is that they turn to crap after one wash.

mr_economy

Reaction score
Try the Merona line, which can be found at Target (in-store only). Very affordable, very good quality, and plenty of fit/style choices.

kimizz0

Reaction score
I recently picked up a pack of 3 boxer briefs from H&M that are 95% cotton 5% Lycra for $20.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have to put in a good word for calvin klein boxers as well. I have a few of the pro stretch trunks and they fit nicer than anything else I have...

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rips does well in holding up for 100% cotton as does zimmerli but zimmerli is well, priced way too high

for product with some microfibre, in addition to the ck365 mentioned above by sbbbjm and the merona mention by mr economy, there is 2(x)ist microline (flash) and i've had good luck with various product from calida and schiesser and also with jil male underwear (i only ever found jil at printemps in paris though)

i think if you find anything with microfibre in it, you'll find it wears better

DXanatos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr_economy
Try the Merona line, which can be found at Target (in-store only). Very affordable, very good quality, and plenty of fit/style choices.
This. The quality of some of the 100% cotton Calvin Klein underwear seems poor.

scribbles

Reaction score
Im gonna go well off the beaten path here with my suggestion. I used to go with the standard jockeys, calvins, fruit of the looms, but I was introduced to these during my time as an athlete as a undergrad, and I swear I'll never wear anything else. Yes they are a bit expensive at $25/pair (I didn't realize this until I graduated and Nike stopped supplying me with an endless supply of new gear), but they literally last forever. Nike Pro Core Short

Or if you are feeling like a high roller step up to the Nike Pro Hyper Cool Training Short

They definitely run small. I normally wear a 32 waist, and I need a L in the Hyper Cool and an XL in the Pro Core. (Nike's website only goes up to a XXL, but I know for a fact that they make up to 4XL and 5XL) Anyway, 1 pair and you'll be hooked.

sexlexcia

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i recommend Calvin Klein X

mehcad-brooks-calvin-klein-x-01.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
waist band is horrific, it's like the ed hardy of underwear

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads