• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bowtie sale / Blowout ! ! ! !

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
www.buckleandtailor.com

I have ordered before from this site and was pleased with my prior orders. Of course, when I saw the sale, I had to "respond" accordingly so I picked up 28 of them. What the hell. My infant doesn't need new shoes this month - the current ones can stretch a little.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some nice bowties. I need to get better at tying mine. I kept meaning to tie mine for work but after about 10 tries while half asleep, it kept coming out lopsided so I always had to put the necktie on instead.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they appear to be standard 2 5/8th or 2 3/4. I am wearing one today.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love bowties I have several in my collection... however is hard to me to wear them... I would look much older... so I am saving them for when I turn 50

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear them 2-4x per week. Love 'em. I am the youngest male in my legal department so it helps to look a little older.

gefinzi

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip.

I was a little concerned about the lack of info on their website but I liked several ties so I bought two. You had to choose neck size in a range of 15-15.5, 16-16.5, etc, so I'm also not sure it they will fill properly....Shipping was $5 with USPS Priority. We'll see how reliable they are in a few days....

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know why they do that - the ties are completely adjustable. If I recall, they "pre-size" them for you, but you can change the sizing

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I just order my first bowtie from them. I hope it is a good product and am looking forward to getting it. Is ur ehope I can make it look decent after some practice tying it.

csheehan

Reaction score
I received three ties from them yesterday. I ordered mine size 15 -15.5. The ties are adjustable but the ones that I got all had the adjusters set to 13.5 inches. The ties thus set matched in length my other ties that have the adjusters set to 15.5 inches. It may be that these ties are so heavily discounted because of mis-aligned adjusters. Whatever, they are very nice ties and as set they all fit.

Chris

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%