1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bow-Tie Shoes, sold at Carson Street

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sartorialism, Jul 29, 2015.

1. sartorialism

sartorialism Senior member

Good morning, all.

I recently came upon this brand but I know nothing about it. Does anyone have information on it? How's the quality? How are they made?

Thank you!

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

3. sartorialism

Thanks, but I see that thread is moderated, if you will, by the company's management. I wanted some off-the-record information. You know, I don't expect the owners to give me an honest answer about the quality. SFer's on the other hand, you guys are a reliable bunch. So, anyone?

4. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I assume you're referring to the loafers. They copy the look of Belgian Shoes at a much nicer price point. Unbel wrote about them here. Sky Valet carries them in DC, and I have been tempted to buy at full price. Carson's sale price was a steal, but it appears that the loafers are back to full price.

5. sartorialism

Wow. But I am not as interested in the loafers as I am in the shoes...

6. sartorialism

Update: I visited their store today and pretty much bought out all their shoes and slippers that were on clearance. Expect to see them in my F/S thread in the coming days....

Review: the shoes are gorgeous. The store is really cool and the staff is helpful and friendly. Overall five stars!

7. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Anyone know how is sizing? Pretty standard US?

8. sartorialism

Hi. Since it's UK sizing, I'd go up about half a size. Thus, the pair of Bow Tie shoes I'm selling here is marked 7UK, but I'm selling them as 7.5 US.