• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Just made a manhattan with a mole bitters, 2 oz Larceny, 1 oz Noilly Prat, dash Luxardo. Very satisfying.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked this up to throw in a flask for a neighborhood outdoor movie night... havent cracked one of these in a while... hopefully as good as I recall.

902CD58A-169E-475E-87B2-042FE87836D5.jpeg

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GTS might be the first whiskey to blow my mind. None in stock though... I make due with the Jr. which I do think is great stuff if not sublime. Anyone tried the Peerless Bourbon? Just saw some bottles, had only seen the rye before

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decisions decisions. I try to keep 2 or 3 of my vault selections open at a time, and just finished off a GTS from 8 autumns ago. I need to open one. With fall approaching, I’m leaning towards the rye..

View attachment 1240462

Have had all of those but the ER 17 (still never seen that anywhere). The HazMat Stagg and the Booker's Rye are two of my three all-time favorites. If you've not tried the Booker's and are ok with drinking something you won't be able to replace (which is what it's for, after all) give it some love.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GTS might be the first whiskey to blow my mind. None in stock though... I make due with the Jr. which I do think is great stuff if not sublime. Anyone tried the Peerless Bourbon? Just saw some bottles, had only seen the rye before

Same, Stagg will also be my grail bourbon and I’m rationing what I have left to last me the rest of my lifetime lol.. have not tried Peerless although I’ve seen it and had curiosity

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have had all of those but the ER 17 (still never seen that anywhere). The HazMat Stagg and the Booker's Rye are two of my three all-time favorites. If you've not tried the Booker's and are ok with drinking something you won't be able to replace (which is what it's for, after all) give it some love.

I was lucky enough to get 2 of the Booker’s rye, and although tempted, I went with the Stagg since it’s one of 4. The ER is my last one; so I’m afraid it would damn near take an apocalypse for me to open that one..

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's beautiful.

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn't that long I ago I remember regularly seeing that ER 17 in my local liquor store and thinking "why would i spend $60 on that when the 10 is only $20"? My how times change.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wasn't that long I ago I remember regularly seeing that ER 17 in my local liquor store and thinking "why would i spend $60 on that when the 10 is only $20"? My how times change.
Don’t know if I’ve ever seen the 17 on a shelf

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Good price. Can’t find in NYC for under $110-120. Haven’t tried but just picked up the bourbon — 4 year old sweet mash. It’s nicely made and consistent with the descriptions of sweet mash bourbon being more floral and fresh/fruity. The flavors are well integrated. Some might balk at $75 but it is different in a good way. Not a ton of wood influence yet but the quality of the distillate shows.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Must be at least 10 years!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads