• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All valid points. Loved the PvW 15 most too. Can’t say I ever had the 23yo. Drank a ****-ton of the 20yo back in the day tho!

Last edited:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the 20 I had a few years ago. If i get anything oaky, thanks to burn pit exposure it tastes like a moutful of sawdust. The 20 I had was gloriously good. None of it is worth secondary though tbh.

That being said, I have 3 bottles of Japanese Blantons coming my way in August, and this is waiting for me when I head to London in a few weeks.

received_750248616158271.jpeg

Really glad i attended NCOA in person, lots of networking. :D

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It ain’t old. It ain’t from Tennessee. It ain’t even from Kentucky. But I’ll be damned if this isn’t a damn fine bottle of bourbon. Second one from this batch. It’s a little pricey, but to me, well worth it. Older versions were 3 years old but fairly sure stuff bottled after 2019 or 2020 are at least four years old. Oh yeah, it’s a wheater too, and I generally shy away from wheaters..

01B2D4E3-AB03-466C-BC07-C8186EA20A25.jpeg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Picked this one in Knoxville a couple of months ago. Very good if you can find it. I’m liking everything this distillery makes. I’ve had two of their bourbons in addition to this rye. Very tasty, and very good value for the price

1B3B07BF-7B0B-42A6-BF7C-9CC3B2E9392D.jpeg

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let It Bleed… top five Stones album for me. I wish they’d stop touring, now that Charlie’s dead. Getting fairly embarrassing, tho I don’t think they know what to do with themselves unless on the road, at some mansion in Martinique, or wherever…

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let It Bleed… top five Stones album for me. I wish they’d stop touring, now that Charlie’s dead. Getting fairly embarrassing, tho I don’t think they know what to do with themselves unless on the road, at some mansion in Martinique, or wherever…

Yeah, same. Exile always occupies that top spot for me, then Let it Bleed, Some Girls, Black and Blue. Fifth spot probably rotates between Sticky Fingers and Tattoo You, depending on the day of the week. Have never seen them live and must say, temptation has never been there.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have seen them maybe 10 times. Last time in Nov. 2005 was once too many. The time a year or so before was excellent though.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have seen them maybe 10 times. Last time in Nov. 2005 was once too many. The time a year or so before was excellent though.

Wow no ****? That's really cool. I probably would have loved catching them even in the 80s, but too much of a nostalgia show now to really be interesting to me. I have seen some bands from that era (well, not the Stones era, but the 80s) recently, and have to say, only show I really enjoyed was seeing GBH at the Voltage Lounge in Philly. I'd always wanted to see them in their heyday, but I was just a kid, so not much chance of that. Wait, saw half of Bauhaus (Peter Murphy and David J) and that was actually a great show also.

Anyway, back to bourbon.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Managed to find a C922 at MSRP last week. Hadn’t seen any without a huge markup in a year

I pay $69-$89 all the time. Worth it. Anymore and I think other options are better

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads