• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Interesting to note, the pic of the Rickhouse shows barrels which have what appears to be a tar-like substance on the top of some of the barrels.

When I inquired as to why some barrels have much more of the discoloration than others...the guide informed me those barrels were the favorite of the tasters and workers who have come back multiple times to tap that particular barrel.

Apparently, Friday evenings are quite eventful around the Peerless distillery.

Happy Wednesday!

lol, that's awesome! Guess I'd do the same, straight from the barrel. Great pictures too, thanks for sharing

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of buying a quarter cask of scotch from a revived distillery, with the master distiller and blender being a well known scotch personality, should I be able to make it there before it is bottled and sent to me I am able to mark the cask, similar to the chalk marks on those casks. Very cool tour and pictures.

KarlHungus

Reaction score
This decanter bottle ain't gonna drink itself
IMG_20211204_004229.jpg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drank half a bottle of Dickel 15yo with my buddy last night. Excellent sauce and rec @gnatty8

Thanks dude, glad you liked it enough to polish off half a bottle lol.. It is one fine whiskey man, just really loving everything that this distillery is making these days..

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They're doing some pretty delicious stuff. I tried one of Total Wine's store picks a few months back, and this has quickly become one of the top 5 distilleries that I watch for when I stop by to pick up a new bottle. Have a bottle of their rye that I haven't opened yet, but expectations are high..

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I think I mentioned I scored a handle of Clyde's May a few weeks ago? Definitely a QPR.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I mentioned I scored a handle of Clyde's May a few weeks ago? Definitely a QPR.
Have you tried Dickel? Its not “bourbon” but the QPR is outrageous. The most expensive of the 3 I posted was $65 and that one was aged 15 years. The other 2 (13 yo and 9 yo) were each about $50. Not that age statements matter. Of course, ymmv.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Guys I bought a bunch of 2 ounce bottles which I was going to fill with some scotch/bourbon and send out but that fell through so if 2-3 guys send me your addresses, I’ll ship out a few of this bottles with some hard to find bourbon/scotch. Nothing crazy like Pappy but some decent stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads