• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

januarytwenty

Reaction score
I found them to be delightful. Through the magic of LVMH it's probably the most affordable, widely available single-farm American whiskey you can buy right now. I found it to be delightfully red on the tongue, and really elegantly structured. Port cask finish wasn't my thing but wine casks never are. (avoid trying either in a flight unless you really take the time to cleanse your palate btw, they don't play well with others.)

If they have the standard bottling I would honestly take that over the Csk Str unless those are your thing; IMO 90 proof is perfect for it, and it's just so good at the $40 pricepoint. Can't reccomend them enough to people who like very ester-driven whiskies like 4R and Barton. It's very much not the same as those, but I can't imagine anyone who likes them won't love the woodinville as well. I just hope the new ownership doesn't run them into the ground.
I just looked online and they have the cask strength, port and regular. I’ll try the port and regular! Thanks!

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F7286810-73EC-49AE-BF62-5FBCC2650A00.jpeg

Happy Sunday!

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the best everyday bourbon I have had for < $100; way better to my taste than the McKenna.

Yes. But McKenna is significantly less expensive

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have to try McKenna. I like the Breckenridge offerings, High West, and Jefferson's but always thinking of what's that one bottle I see on the shelf that I need to try? I usually don't remember the name. Could be everyday drinker or bit more expensive in the $100 range. Thoughts?

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heaven Hill employees on strike. Supposedly they have been negotiating a new contract for months but haven’t made any headway.

I visited HH distillery back in March. They were locked down cuz Covid.

While there I was blessed to sample some of their finest. Truly a memorable experience.

17BBA0DD-BBC3-4FB0-A36C-787CF5EDD65E.jpeg

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I visited HH distillery back in March. They were locked down cuz Covid.

While there I was blessed to sample some of their finest. Truly a memorable experience.

View attachment 1670831

Dammit. I do not have an Old Fitz decanter bottle and I really want one.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is this? I got lucky enough to find a bottle of Sam Houston 15 at my local Total Wine a couple weeks ago and love it. I heard Calumet 15 is the closest thing to SH15 you can get.

Nosing: Robust Dark Karo Corn Syrup spread across oaky butter cakes.

Tasting: Black tea sweetened with sorghum molasses.

The age has only made this dram more exquisite. Some bold oak but not over powering. The black sweet tea is dominant here. Very robust and syrupy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads