• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woo hoo!

It noted that “starting in the spring of 2018, Buffalo Trace began filling its first new warehouse located on the adjacent 292-acre farm purchased several years ago. Since then, barrel warehouses AA through JJ are filled. Buffalo Trace is currently working on Warehouse MM and will continue to add future warehouses of the same size at a rate of one new warehouse every four months, until further notice.

A new warehouse every four months? Insane.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cross posted w/ the What are you drinking thread:

I got a bottle of the Angel's Envy 2020 Cask Strength through the TW Spring allotment raffle.

I'm not much of a bourbon guy (mostly drink Japanese, scotch, or armagnac).

Should I keep it or pass it on to a bourbon crazed buddy? Is it as special as some would make it out to be, or overrated?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I got a bottle of the Angel's Envy 2020 Cask Strength through the TW Spring allotment raffle.

Should I keep it or pass it on to a bourbon crazed buddy? Is it as special as some would make it out to be, or overrated?

I’m a big fan of Angels Envy, I think some in this thread aren’t. My suggestion wouldbe to buy the regular Angels Envy ($60) and see if you like the port finishing. Then you have an idea of what to do with the Cask Strength. Of you can just sell me the Cask Strength now :)

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I’m not a huge fan, but maybe see if you can trade a friend for something you prefer?

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have a few bottles of Scotch that I'm looking to trade. Tops is a 1982 Gordon and MacPhail cask strength and Aberlour 18.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Picked up the 2020 release and going to compare to the back in the day one. Had you gone long tons of EG 18 and 23, Blanton’s etc 5 years ago, you’d be sitting on gain of 4-5x your money o_O better than the S&P.

7231A5A3-7E90-4984-BA46-71516AE908C6.jpeg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Picked up the 2020 release and going to compare to the back in the day one. Had you gone long tons of EG 18 and 23, Blanton’s etc 5 years ago, you’d be sitting on gain of 4-5x your money o_O better than the S&P.

View attachment 1624133

I dunno man, thinking even five years ago this stuff would still be near impossible to find. I haven't seen Blanton's on the shelf in 8 or 9 years, and I am not even a fan of the stuff. There is still some really great stuff to be had out there, but you gotta really work hard to identify it. I find that for every 3 bourbons I pick up there days, I really like one of them. Recent examples are a Clyde May Total Wine barrel pick, and I've been raving about Dickel for years now, but the BiB and the 15 year old they released are just really easy drinking goodness.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah, I was commenting about how readily available Weller SR was in the Houston area. I see multiple bottles of it (generally on the bottom shelf) gathering dust at retail prices. I am not a fan, but will sometimes pick one up for a mixer, but apparently, Texans just don't seem to like Weller. Surprised so much still gets sent to liquor stores here, when stores in areas with higher demand seem to allocate to best customers and run out quickly.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Picked up these two from an online sale (Touch of Modern). $95 for two bottles. They're both quite nice, if not earth shattering, but barrel proof rye and bourbon at that price point? Yes, please.

stellum whiskey.PNG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads