• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the StaggJr. anything special?

I wouldn't say "special" although it has an enormous following. But it's very good bourbon. I buy it when I see it, which is almost never.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the StaggJr. anything special?
It is quite good and better than many. There is some batch variation but I've never had one I did not enjoy. MSRP is around 50 - 60 I think. In NYC area you see it for $100 - $150. I'll pay around $80 but I've found a source that sells it for less. In short, very good and great for the price if you do manage to score it at around MSRP.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. My buddy who grabbed me the Blanton’s saw it for $60 IIRC at another Duty Free store recently, so will have him grab if still there.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have found all of BTAC available at retail except for Eagle Rare 17. It has been the hardest one for me to find
I did the whole Pappy run, Stagg, etc, at retail pre-2009 when they were everywhere. Got WLW recently in a lottery. Never got Eagle Rare 17 or Sazerac 18, probably because I drank the hell out of the younger ones and didn't realize it was worth the step up. Definitely remember seeing them, so, alas.

You can't even find Eagle Rare 10 on the shelves anymore, which is more than a little silly. I used to use that as a mixing bourbon.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have found all of BTAC available at retail except for Eagle Rare 17. It has been the hardest one for me to find

I bought the Saz, an ER17 and a GTS at 175% of retail last year, but I’ve known the store owner over 10 years and have spent a lot of money at his store over the years, so that’s the only reason I did so. Of the 3 I’d only pay the same 175% of retail for the GTS. The Sazerac and Eagle Rare are definitely worth retail.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1606274364316.jpeg

$99 at a local a market...

Last edited:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friend making Cali-nog this year.

1606282092413.png

1606282276366.png

Few months in the fridge to integrate. Oh yeah.

Last edited:

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is it? And how would you define it?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It’s one of the better easily-findable bourbons on the market. Has the old forester banana note, lots of cinnamon, spices (higher in rye?). Needs water (for me)

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that your favorite of the “birthday” iterations? I’m a big fan of their standard 86 proof for most cocktails...

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, @Watchman1 is there a discernible difference between those Rare Breeds? I love the Wild Turkeys I’ve had, but am not sophisticated with all their offerings.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads