• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still have yet to see Stagg or Blantons in SoCal on shelves (for less than a 100%markup)

We’ve recently gotten a bunch of Blanton’s in our area, I’ve picked up 3 bottles over the past month or so. Stagg Jr I don’t see terribly often though

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Back to the well on Booker's. I finished my "Shiny Barrel" and picked up another, and got a "Country Ham" along with it. Will be back with some impressions later.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
See if you can find a Stagg Jr in your area (True MSRP is ~50 so don't be upsold). It's also barrel proof, but I much prefer the taste to bookers.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not bourbon, I know, but picked up a few bottles of the Dickel Bottled in Bond release when I was in Tennessee last weekend. Haven't tried it yet, but looking forward to it since I haven't seen it in PA or anywhere in Houston so far.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
See if you can find a Stagg Jr in your area (True MSRP is ~50 so don't be upsold). It's also barrel proof, but I much prefer the taste to bookers.

Easier said than done, with the state run stores around here. Stagg Jr is one of the irritating allocated items, makes it hard to get ahold of.

I drink what I can actually find, these days. Booker's fits that bill.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Easier said than done, with the state run stores around here. Stagg Jr is one of the irritating allocated items, makes it hard to get ahold of.

I drink what I can actually find, these days. Booker's fits that bill.
State doesn't run it in Cali- so I see them occasionally in stores, but marked up 1-200%.

Funnily enough, the only two I have were bought on a work trip, walking into random liquor stores on the east coast.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most stores in NYC try to get $125-$150
for Stagg Jr. I’ve paid $90 a couple times. One place in Queens had it at $50 — had the feeling the old Russian owner hadn’t updated his whisky shelf in 5-6 years but unfortunately there weren’t any other great bargains to be had other than McKenna 10 year at $35 (haven’t tried yet — everyplace in NYC marked this up 3-5 times recently bc it won some ****** award).

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's Pappy lottery season in my ABC-controlled state. I wish any of you competing with me the worst of luck!

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Opened up an Eagle Rare I found at the PA Fine Wines and Spirits near our old place. They had 2 bottles and only allowed one per customer. Didn't realize garden variety Eagle Rare was now being "allocated", what did I miss? On another note, **** out of luck on the BTAC lottery, but I know those are gamed so heavily, I didn't really expect to win anyway.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m still getting over Blantons being treated like it’s hot ****. I mean, nothing against it. Now Eagle Rare? Haven’t seen that yet in the nyc area

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads