1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bourbon.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by The Wayfarer, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Esa

Esa Active Member

I believe the Draegers in San Mateo has a bottle, along with the rest of the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection.

Thanks Kyoung05. They had a bottle and I picked it up. The place was like the wine museum in the middle of a grocery store.

Anyway, I gave it a try and really enjoyed it.

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Pappy 20. yay or nay?

4. duofold

duofold Well-Known Member

Yay on the Pappy 20. Started out with Booker's. Given the cost (around $35), still one of my favorites.

Edit: checked to find that Booker's has gone up, sometimes substantially since I stocked up from Costco. Although $42 here in MN is not bad.

PvW 20 - not nearly as hot as Booker's, but still very full-bodied. If you can find it for $110-$120, snap it up.

5. randydjack

randydjack Member

Blanton's or Basil Hayden

6. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Pappy 20. yay or nay?
    A HUGE YAY. Still my favorite bourbon atm. Today is my day off, so I decide to crack open my 2010 WLW, wow it was really good.
    Blanton's or Basil Hayden
    Blanton's, don't waste your money on BH.

7. dmass1

dmass1 Senior member

No love for BH, warren G? I think its a great bourbon...

Do you not like it, or just don't think its worth the price?

8. ama

ama Senior member

No love for BH, warren G? I think its a great bourbon...

Do you not like it, or just don't think its worth the price?

Both. Its weak and it kinda tastes like flowers and burning.

9. randydjack

randydjack Member

roflz I wasn't saying one or the other, I was saying that those are the two I'd order when it comes to Bourbon.

Blanton's is, by far, my favorite bourbon though.

Gentleman Jack's also fun.

10. dmass1

dmass1 Senior member

+1 on gentleman jack. I was suprised, considering how much I dislike standard JD 7

11. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Both. Its weak and it kinda tastes like flowers and burning.

this. For under $30, I rather get a bottle ER 10, Evan William single barrel, Elmer T. Lee, and Elijah Craig.

12. randydjack

randydjack Member

I like the flower on fire taste to Basil; it has its charm.

The best way I can describe Gentleman is green. It's a very earthy and refreshing bourbon.

13. Kyoung05

Kyoung05 Senior member

Yay on the Pappy 20. Started out with Booker's. Given the cost (around $35), still one of my favorites.

Edit: checked to find that Booker's has gone up, sometimes substantially since I stocked up from Costco. Although $42 here in MN is not bad.

PvW 20 - not nearly as hot as Booker's, but still very full-bodied. If you can find it for $110-$120, snap it up.

$35 for Bookers? Goddamn....what a steal!

I like the flower on fire taste to Basil; it has its charm.

The best way I can describe Gentleman is green. It's a very earthy and refreshing bourbon.

Jack is not bourbon.

14. duofold

duofold Well-Known Member

Sorry, a little clarification. That was several years ago when I stocked up at that price. Considering it's been that long, the current sale price of $42 here in the TC is pretty good.

15. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

Lots of love for Bookers on this end. I'd like to find it for $35, too!

16. randydjack

randydjack Member

Jack is not bourbon.

Jack is Bourbon with an extra dance move.

Ain't like I threw Jameson or Bushmills in here, officer [​IMG] .

17. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i paid $35 in MN. $59 in MI [​IMG]

18. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Jack is Bourbon with an extra dance move.

Ain't like I threw Jameson or Bushmills in here, officer [​IMG] .

i can't tell if you're serious or not, but Jack is not bourbon......officer.

19. randydjack

randydjack Member

Jack is a Tennessee Whisky, which isn't classified as a bourbon due to an extra step in processing and the usage of two percent more than the regulated limit of Corn. However, a Tennessee Whisky is known as a straight bourbon by NAFTA [​IMG]

Be that as it may, I don't think it's inappropriate to show up in a Bourbon thread, as it's often classified as a bourbon in restaurants and bars despite its, as I said, extra dance move and 2% past the regulated limit usage of Corn. Hence, officer.

Then again, who am I to know really? I called Sisters of Mercy and Bauhaus goth rock and slush sludge once so I obviously don't know what I'm talking about.

20. tdangio

tdangio Senior member

Jack is a Tennessee Whisky, which isn't classified as a bourbon due to an extra step in processing and the usage of two percent more than the regulated limit of Corn. However, a Tennessee Whisky is known as a straight bourbon by NAFTA [​IMG]

Be that as it may, I don't think it's inappropriate to show up in a Bourbon thread, as it's often classified as a bourbon in restaurants and bars despite its, as I said, extra dance move and 2% past the regulated limit usage of Corn. Hence, officer.

Then again, who am I to know really? I called Sisters of Mercy and Bauhaus goth rock and slush sludge once so I obviously don't know what I'm talking about.

But it is not bourbon as defined under Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Chapter 1, Part 5, Section 5.22.