• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its not bourbon, but its cool. How is it?

DealBreaker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Its not bourbon, but its cool. How is it?

My bad, I'm obviously not an expert on the subject.

It's one of the smoothest Whiskey's I've had. I generally like lighter whiskey's that have a long, dry finish and Yamazaki is right up my alley. It has a very interesting sweet after taste.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DealBreaker
My bad, I'm obviously not an expert on the subject.

It's one of the smoothest Whiskey's I've had. I generally like lighter whiskey's that have a long, dry finish and Yamazaki is right up my alley. It has a very interesting sweet after taste.

I don't know man...not too many people sip on limited release Japanese whiskeys. You aren't in the US are you?

DealBreaker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
I don't know man...not too many people sip on limited release Japanese whiskeys. You aren't in the US are you?

I am foreign national living in the US, but I travel a lot because of work. Yamazaki seems to be pretty popular in San Francisco bars though.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am foreign national living in the US, but I travel a lot because of work. Yamazaki seems to be pretty popular in San Francisco bars though.

1993 Bourbon Cask or the standard 12 and 18?

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yamazaki 12. Gitane in San Francisco stocks both, 12 and 18.

Yea, that is what I figured. The 12 and 18 are pretty readily available in the US. The 18 is a phenomenal whiskey.

hangten

Reaction score
After trying for a good year, I really don't like the taste of bourbon. So I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in picking up my bunkered stash for a good price.

I've got the following unopened:
ER17 2008
2 x GTS 2009
WLW 2009
PVW15
PVW20

and one scotch
Oban distiller's edition

PM if interested before these go on ebay as "collectible" bottles
smile.gif

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hangten
After trying for a good year, I really don't like the taste of bourbon. So I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in picking up my bunkered stash for a good price.

ER17 2008
2 x GTS 2009
WLW 2009
PVW15
PVW20

and one scotch
Oban distiller's edition

smile.gif

Those are all great bottles, but if you don't mind sitting on them for a while they will be worth a lot more on eBay in five years or so. (Perhaps not the PVW 15, but even the PVW 20 will go up once they exhaust the supply from the SW Distillery.) Also, shipping bottles is very expensive, so assuming that you live in a sufficiently large city I would try Craigslist first.

tdangio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hangten

ER17 2008
2 x GTS 2009
WLW 2009
PVW15
PVW20

and one scotch
Oban distiller's edition

smile.gif

That's an expensive "try"
puzzled.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Picked up a bottle of Old Forrester "Birthday Bourbon" over the weekend. Distilled in 1990 and bottled in 2003, and still sitting on the shelf at a liquor store near the Smokies. Not a bad bourbon at all, especially for $35. I've never tried any of the other Old Forrester, and doubt I will, but this one was not bad at all.

jaXm

Reaction score
Old Crow <3

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Picked up a bottle of Old Forrester "Birthday Bourbon" over the weekend. Distilled in 1990 and bottled in 2003, and still sitting on the shelf at a liquor store near the Smokies. Not a bad bourbon at all, especially for $35. I've never tried any of the other Old Forrester, and doubt I will, but this one was not bad at all.
Nice dusty find! This year's version was ******. Thankfully I tried it on someone else's dime.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Opened my last unopened bottle of Eagle Rare 17 year old last night. Man, I hope I can snag a few bottles of this in the fall. Ninety proof, and the best bourbon I've ever tasted; even manages to beat the Pappy Van Winkle 20 and 23 year olds.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads