• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

premo

Reaction score
Finally had a glass of Elijah Craig 12 as my 2nd ever bourbon. I loved every drop of it.

Korben

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Cross post from "I just bought..." Look at this thing, its ridiculous. No idea why I just found it today, more than a decade too late.
laugh.gif

4249861468_c545fcaabe.jpg

4249088005_35323de698.jpg

Bourbony bonus, the beer is bourbon barreled too!

Interesting Find

amnesiac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by premo
Finally had a glass of Elijah Craig 12 as my 2nd ever bourbon. I loved every drop of it.

me too. except it was a camping mug. brought elijah craig 12 and evan williams as camping bourbon. it was good.

i still want to try wild turkey rye, which is supposed to be much better than their bourbon which isn't really saying much but...

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Had a Knob Creek on the rocks last night. Reminded me why this is my go to bourbon when I am travelling and order one in a bar. I think this is my number one choice of all middle shelf bourbons.

grate

Reaction score
I agree. Waaay better than Makers-- I don't understand the love it gets.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by premo
I'll try Knob Creek next.

Thanks.

It is a brash, rough and intense bourbon.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Had a Knob Creek on the rocks last night. Reminded me why this is my go to bourbon when I am travelling and order one in a bar. I think this is my number one choice of all middle shelf bourbons.

Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
It is a brash, rough and intense bourbon.

I agree with both of these. I don't love Knob, I think it is too alcohol forward and that the vanilla overtakes the other more subtle flavors in it. It is, however, often the best bourbon at many an unfamiliar bar.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by surfnbank
I tried one with eagle in the name. That was pretty good.

Eagle Rare?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grate
I agree. Waaay better than Makers-- I don't understand the love it gets.

maker's gets mad love because it's so sweet and easy to drink. anybody can sip it and claim to love bourbon.

i'm with the knob creek faction. i like the burn and i don't feel like a girl when i'm drinking it.

BCD

Reaction score
Just did a blind bourbon tasting with my father-in-law (who is the ex-head of quality control for major brewery and an excellent "taster") and brothers-in-law. Results kind of shocked us. Makers was at the very bottom. My beloved Woodford, Knob Creek and Bookers in the middle of the pack. Pappy Van Winkle 20-year was #1. Biggest surprise (other than Makers at the bottom - even higher than Four Roses) was the relatively high placing of Basil Hayden.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Surprised to hear about Basil Hayden too, which I find somewhat bland. Not surprised at all about Makers.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Surprised to hear about Basil Hayden too, which I find somewhat bland. Not surprised at all about Makers.

+1, I find Basil to be very disagreeable.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
+1, I find Basil to be very disagreeable.

+2 I do not enjoy Basil.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads