• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight

IMG_0126.jpeg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scored a fresh one of those at Sazerac House.

But for tonight...

PXL_20240615_220810018.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Scored a fresh one of those at Sazerac House.

But for tonight...

View attachment 2200675

I tried a pour of this, and although much better than black label, not sure why it seems to be allocated all to hell. Assume it is the intersection of Jack Daniels name recognition and fact that it has an age statement. Don't get me wrong, it was a good whiskey, but not so good that I've never even seen a bottle on the shelves!

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With you 100%. Quite a good pour but must be super low production, only reason i can think of for the allocation scheme.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With you 100%. Quite a good pour but must be super low production, only reason i can think of for the allocation scheme.

Even the 10 year seems to be a unicorn. That said, I would put the 12 up there (totally my own assessment of value to ME) with Booker's in terms of what I'd be willing to pay, but at least Booker's is typically somewhat available, if not aways reliably..

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I managed to find a 10 year in Vegas while we were out there for under 100 so I picked it up. The nice gentleman apologized profusely that the 12 was gone but he also said he wouldn't let the store price it "according to the internet" lol. I offered him a pour of the 10 after I paid and he laughed and thanked me but politely declined, said pay it forward.

Needless to say that's my first stop from now on when we make our annual trip.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Don L it’s fantastic bourbon if you can find it for MSRP.

Some shops like to mark it up but for $59-$69 it’s a delight.

Heaven Hill is my favorite distillery because their bourbons are usually superb for fair prices

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolmoore88