Bourbon.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by The Wayfarer, Aug 10, 2008.

1. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

[​IMG]

I am going to purchase this tomorrow and post a review. Thanks for reminding me that it was on my list. [​IMG]

Please do. I know you know rye far better than I so I'd like to hear your thoughts.. I may pick up another bottle tomorrow for my bunker.

2. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

gnatty, nice! Seriously that's an awesome collection, and I am no mean judge. Tell me though, have you had the Vintage rye? I have the 18 and was looking for another opinion....

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Some fast pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of the recent rye finds:

[​IMG]

Have my doubles stored in a storage closet, so these are only active bottles. Our bar is a corner affair that closes, so I took these out and set them on a piece of furniture to snap pics, I don't leave my booze sitting out..

Noice!

[​IMG]

4. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

gnatty, nice! Seriously that's an awesome collection, and I am no mean judge. Tell me though, have you had the Vintage rye? I have the 18 and was looking for another opinion....

Thanks, I appreciate that. I have not had the Vintage Rye. My local liquor store has a 20 and 23 year old, but I have not tried either. I didn't care for the Vintage bourbon initially, but it has grown on me. Let me know if you like it and I may try it.

5. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Cracked into the Michter's bourbon last night, and was reminded of how unique its flavor is. Has got to be a boat load of corn in the mashbill, since that part of the flavor is so distinct, but pleasantly so.

6. dv3

dv3 Senior member

I picked up a small 375ml bottle of Eagle Rare 10yr tonight. For the price, I find it excellent. Smooth and flavorful.

I thank everyone here for the indirect recommendation.

7. ama

ama Senior member

Excellent collection Gnatty. I am pleased to see all the Michters. They make a great product consistently. Wish they had a wider distribution range though!

8. King Francis

King Francis Senior member

Some fast pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have my doubles stored in a storage closet, so these are only active bottles. Our bar is a corner affair that closes, so I took these out and set them on a piece of furniture to snap pics, I don't leave my booze sitting out..

Never have I seen so much good bourbon in one place.

[​IMG]

9. ama

ama Senior member

[​IMG]

Gnatty, or anyone else for that matter, I got some of the Noah's Mill pictured here this weekend and I was looking for others impressions. I like it for the most part, but I think its rather oaky. Anyone else?

10. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Gnatty, or anyone else for that matter, I got some of the Noah's Mill pictured here this weekend and I was looking for others impressions. I like it for the most part, but I think its rather oaky. Anyone else?

I am not sure I would describe it as oaky, but it definitely has a much heavier flavor than most bourbons, I almost want to call it maple sugar. I never add water to this, just a few ice cubes and I am good to go. One of my favorite bourbons by far, and I'd put it a close second to my all time favorite, the Pappy Van Winkle 2o year old.

11. ama

ama Senior member

Have you tried Rowans Creek? Its Noah's little brother.

12. KJT

KJT Senior member

Anyone tried Old Bardstown Estate 10 year old?

Picked up a bottle on a whim tonight. Goddamn it's good! $20.99 for 750ml.

I suck at describing flavors, but it's quite smooth for a 101 proof and it is good neat, with a splash, and on the rocks. Just finished my third glass and it's kicking my ass too.

I really recommend picking some up.

[​IMG]

13. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Have you tried Rowans Creek? Its Noah's little brother.

I have not, should I?

14. happy hooligan

happy hooligan Senior member

I'm stopping by the Bevmo tomorrow and its shaping up that I have spend a lot tomorrow...

15. cadillac37

cadillac37 Senior member

Anyone had Black Maple Hill? Tried some with at a friend's house tonight. Very Nice.