• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F96FE6B3-A34A-4C92-ABD6-6AC964C73B9C.jpeg

Happy Friday!

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EC 12 yr is tough to beat considering cost to availability ratio. There are still some sleepers out there. You might try Wild Turkey Rare Breed. One of my favs and for under $55 and readily available it won’t be long till it reaches rock star status and become difficult to obtain

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
EC 12 yr is tough to beat considering cost to availability ratio. There are still some sleepers out there. You might try Wild Turkey Rare Breed. One of my favs and for under $55 and readily available it won’t be long till it reaches rock star status and become difficult to obtain
Have you tried the rare breed rye? Think that rolled out recently too

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried the rare breed rye? Think that rolled out recently too

Yes Sir, I certainly have. A real stunner. Wild Turkey is one of my all time favs. The fact that the "101" expression is still widely available for under $25 blows my mind. Truly one of the finest bourbons out there in my humble opinion.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes Sir, I certainly have. A real stunner. Wild Turkey is one of my all time favs. The fact that the "101" expression is still widely available for under $25 blows my mind. Truly one of the finest bourbons out there in my humble opinion.
Nice, I hadn’t tried, but will now

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have used the aerator many times for wine to great effect, but never for a spirit. Love Wild Turkey too!

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was very surprised to find it at a neighborhood liquor store that isn't exactly known for high-end stuff. I was just there to pick up some Rittenhouse and there it was!

that's the way it usually works I've found. Stop in at a random place to buy a bottle of mixer, and you come across a prize lol. My last one was stopping at a liquor store in TN to pick up some wine for dinner and finding bottle of Buffalo Trace that was a barrel pick, but not by the store, by the Master Distiller, who was a personal friend of the store's owner. Best $25.99 I ever spent. This was about 10 maybe 12 months back? Rarely happens now, or **** is so over-priced I just leave smh

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that's the way it usually works I've found. Stop in at a random place to buy a bottle of mixer, and you come across a prize lol. My last one was stopping at a liquor store in TN to pick up some wine for dinner and finding bottle of Buffalo Trace that was a barrel pick, but not by the store, by the Master Distiller, who was a personal friend of the store's owner. Best $25.99 I ever spent. This was about 10 maybe 12 months back? Rarely happens now, or **** is so over-priced I just leave smh
Yup - only time I've found Stagg Jr at MSRP was at a random tiny liquor store that I would have never normally gone into. Of course, the same stores are also likely to be selling it for ~$100+, but sometimes you get lucky.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup - only time I've found Stagg Jr at MSRP was at a random tiny liquor store that I would have never normally gone into. Of course, the same stores are also likely to be selling it for ~$100+, but sometimes you get lucky.

I have found that the fact that I am a genuinely nice guy who takes the time to ask question and actually conversate with the employees at the larger chain stores (think Spec's or Total Wine) sometimes pays off in karma points. Have had a couple instances of "we've got something in the back I'd like to show you", like the Stagg Jr. you mentioned, and an ORVW around Christmas time. I think these folks just get so beat down by being treated like **** by the average shopper, that when someone remembers their kids names or actually takes the time to ask how they're doing, it sticks with them.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to trying Larceny last night. While not blown away, its very good for the rock bottom price. I’ll have to revisit tonight to confirm my findings.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been doing a fair amount of larceny and legent of late. Great value at this point. Only a matter if time before price goes up and that is no longer the case.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads