• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bourbon.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m still getting over Blantons being treated like it’s hot shit. I mean, nothing against it. Now Eagle Rare? Haven’t seen that yet in the nyc area
Blantons is great man....

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Blantons. I just don’t like seeing it go $50 to $100 in a year. But I’m getting old and crankier. There are a million other examples many for much worse whiskey.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like Blantons. I just don’t like seeing it go $50 to $100 in a year. But I’m getting old and crankier. There are a million other examples many for much worse whiskey.
To be fair, MSRP is $60. The rest is pure profiteering

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I blame hipsters for this whacky shit. When I think just several years ago my local place had a shelf full of Pappy’s (15,20,23) and reasonably priced it pisses me of something I’ve been about forever is a huge fad.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I blame hipsters for this whacky shit. When I think just several years ago my local place had a shelf full of Pappy’s (15,20,23) and reasonably priced it pisses me of something I’ve been about forever is a huge fad.
Blame John Wick for Blantons

gnatty8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m still getting over Blantons being treated like it’s hot shit. I mean, nothing against it. Now Eagle Rare? Haven’t seen that yet in the nyc area
I tried Blanton's about or 7 or 8 years ago when it was widely available, and wasn't impressed. Just seemed one-dimensional in a "I stole a drink from my dad's bottle and added water so he'd never know" kind of way. I haven't bought any since.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tried Blanton's about or 7 or 8 years ago when it was widely available, and wasn't impressed. Just seemed one-dimensional in a "I stole a drink from my dad's bottle and added water so he'd never know" kind of way. I haven't bought any since.
Blantons gold (46%) or SFTB (barrel proof) are amazing, but not available in the US

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sour mash, but this is my shit right here.

gnatty8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sour mash, but this is my shit right here.

have you tried the bottled in bond? It's a great whiskey for sure! Also, be on the lookout for barrel picks. I have had some store picks over the years that were just mind blowing and always under $40 a bottle..

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, I'll have to look into that thanks.

gnatty8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See that Dickel Bottled in Bond won whiskey of the year in Whiskey Afficianado. Not surprising, its an amazing Tennessee Whiskey. Hope this doesn't make it harder to find!!

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
See that Dickel Bottled in Bond won whiskey of the year in Whiskey Afficianado. Not surprising, its an amazing Tennessee Whiskey. Hope this doesn't make it harder to find!!
Thank god it wasn’t something I drink. After Mckenna won it doubled in price

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I live in fear of those awards every year. It always turns something good into unobtanium.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.