• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bourbon.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Back to the well on Booker's. I finished my "Shiny Barrel" and picked up another, and got a "Country Ham" along with it. Will be back with some impressions later.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
See if you can find a Stagg Jr in your area (True MSRP is ~50 so don't be upsold). It's also barrel proof, but I much prefer the taste to bookers.

gnatty8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not bourbon, I know, but picked up a few bottles of the Dickel Bottled in Bond release when I was in Tennessee last weekend. Haven't tried it yet, but looking forward to it since I haven't seen it in PA or anywhere in Houston so far.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
See if you can find a Stagg Jr in your area (True MSRP is ~50 so don't be upsold). It's also barrel proof, but I much prefer the taste to bookers.
Easier said than done, with the state run stores around here. Stagg Jr is one of the irritating allocated items, makes it hard to get ahold of.

I drink what I can actually find, these days. Booker's fits that bill.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Easier said than done, with the state run stores around here. Stagg Jr is one of the irritating allocated items, makes it hard to get ahold of.

I drink what I can actually find, these days. Booker's fits that bill.
State doesn't run it in Cali- so I see them occasionally in stores, but marked up 1-200%.

Funnily enough, the only two I have were bought on a work trip, walking into random liquor stores on the east coast.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most stores in NYC try to get $125-$150
for Stagg Jr. I’ve paid $90 a couple times. One place in Queens had it at $50 — had the feeling the old Russian owner hadn’t updated his whisky shelf in 5-6 years but unfortunately there weren’t any other great bargains to be had other than McKenna 10 year at $35 (haven’t tried yet — everyplace in NYC marked this up 3-5 times recently bc it won some shitty award).

mak1277

Reaction score
It's Pappy lottery season in my ABC-controlled state. I wish any of you competing with me the worst of luck!

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do spy some Japanese single malt in there. Get that shit out of the bourbon thread!!!!!!

Jk. Merry Xmas!

gnatty8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opened up an Eagle Rare I found at the PA Fine Wines and Spirits near our old place. They had 2 bottles and only allowed one per customer. Didn't realize garden variety Eagle Rare was now being "allocated", what did I miss? On another note, shit out of luck on the BTAC lottery, but I know those are gamed so heavily, I didn't really expect to win anyway.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m still getting over Blantons being treated like it’s hot shit. I mean, nothing against it. Now Eagle Rare? Haven’t seen that yet in the nyc area

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.