Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bounced birthday check

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by captainmo, Apr 23, 2010.

1. captainmo

captainmo Senior member

My dad sent me a $100 check for my birthday. I mailed in the check to deposit it - I have USAA so it's online banking. I just logged into my account, and my checking account shows the deposit on the 16th, "(Returned deposit item)" at $100, and a $5 fee. There's a scanned image of the check. It's stamped "return reason - closed account." The stamped check is being mailed back to me.

What should I do? I'd feel weird calling and asking for another $100 check. Should I just forward the check to him?

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Possible that he wrote using the wrong checkbook? Or that he stiffed you! If he mentions it, or if he asks if you got it, just tell him that the bank sent it back as there was a problem with the acct. Don't say it bounced. If he asks for more info, just say "i'm not really sure what happened." He may choose to send you a new check(or cash) or say that he will investigate. But I would not ask for a new check...

3. guroed

guroed Well-Known Member

let it go. it'll show up on his bank statement with a charge for the bounced check....

4. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

What should I do? I'd feel weird calling and asking for another $100 check. Should I just forward the check to him?

You're asking strangers on the internet what you should between you and your father? You're relationship is so lacking that you feel more comfortable talking about it here than with him?

No wonder why he sent you a dud...

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

You're asking strangers on the internet what you should between you and your father? You're relationship is so lacking that you feel more comfortable talking about it here than with him?

sheesh this was exactly what i was going to say. he's your dad you idiot. how do we know anything about you and your dad!??

6. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

LOLOL!

7. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

sheesh this was exactly what i was going to say. he's your dad you idiot. how do we know anything about you and your dad!??

Styleforum, where caring people will always take time from their busy schedules to yell at you for wasting their time.

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

I have time to peruse and type. It's the nature of my work. I yelled for him being stoopid

9. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

My dad sent me a $100 check for my birthday. I mailed in the check to deposit it - I have USAA so it's online banking. I just logged into my account, and my checking account shows the deposit on the 16th, "(Returned deposit item)" at $100, and a $5 fee. There's a scanned image of the check. It's stamped "return reason - closed account." The stamped check is being mailed back to me.

Tell your dad his check bounced because apparently his account is closed. Forwarding the chekc is hella cowardly and awkward.

10. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

look up your state laws regarding bounced checks. each state is different - in some the attorney general's office will help you collect on a bounced check. report the scumbag - it's probably a misdemeanor. fucking deadbeats.

11. Shikar

Shikar Senior member

This is a seriously sad thread.[​IMG]

Regards.

12. forex

forex Senior member

So why is this not in Dumb Threaks?

13. EL72

EL72 Senior member

5 Star Threak!! [​IMG]

14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

15. zissou

zissou Senior member

hahah this thread. I'd call my dad up and give him a hard time about it!