• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bought these Jeans in Japan

propho

Reaction score
I bought these jeans in Namba from Main Souce.. they have a label VIBGYOR and are made in China.. what are your thoughts and also what other brands make jeans like this?? I haven't been able to find any "unique" jeans since I came back..

keal

Reaction score
VIBGYOR? From science class, that's "Violet, Indigo, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red" which are the colors of the rainbow, in order. Looks like a fun pair of jeans to wear on the weekends! You don't have to look far for some overly distressed denims. Check out brands like True Religion, Earnest Sewn, or R by 45RPM... practically everyone has some form of blown-out designs
smile.gif

koobalicious

Reaction score
haha good call re: VIBGYOR! totally forgot all about that. yeah the front part kinda looks like earnest sewn distressed but much more so. looks great!

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't that funny that you go to Japan to buy jeans made in China? That's like going to France for croissants imported from Germany.

koobalicious

Reaction score
so true - nowadays, everything's made in china...even my beautiful "italian" leather handbags...

keal

Reaction score
Doing a search on 'Vibgyor jeans' I could only find links to a textile company in India. They promote jeans and other denim items for men, women and children, along with other types of clothing using various materials. And the information did show somewhere that they trade with China
smile.gif

So... Indian denim, possibly assembled in China, exported to Japan, then worn in America (I'm guessing you're in the U.S., propho)

No wonder those jeans are so distressed! They traveled a lot. More than me, actually. hahaha
laugh.gif

propho, are the rips and tears reinforced? Or do you think the jeans will shred and be unwearable within the year?

I tried DIY distressing but I'm no good at it. So I buy mine ready-made, too
smile.gif

propho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by keal
propho, are the rips and tears reinforced? Or do you think the jeans will shred and be unwearable within the year?

Sorry for the slow response, been really busy lately.. I am not sure what you mean by reinforced.. how can you tell?

keal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by propho
Sorry for the slow response, been really busy lately.. I am not sure what you mean by reinforced.. how can you tell?
No problem about the slow response, I'm like that, too
laugh.gif
The areas that have rips and tears... often times the manufacturer will sew around the holes to keep the damage from spreading as the user wears in the jeans. It's not that big of a deal, but a nice extra if it was done. Earnest Sewn is known to go over their distress work so that the jeans are as durable as an untouched pair. Very nice distressing on your pair! Looks like there's a story in it
smile.gif

propho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by keal
No problem about the slow response, I'm like that, too
laugh.gif

The areas that have rips and tears... often times the manufacturer will sew around the holes to keep the damage from spreading as the user wears in the jeans. It's not that big of a deal, but a nice extra if it was done. Earnest Sewn is known to go over their distress work so that the jeans are as durable as an untouched pair.

Very nice distressing on your pair! Looks like there's a story in it
smile.gif

again a slow response by me.. =P just got a puppy so things are kinda busy here..

I was browsing ebay and saw what you mean.. I saw the sewing on a pair of Replay's... however these pants are not reinforced =/ so far i haven't noticed em falling apart tho.. I hope they don't tho cuz I love them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads