• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bought T&A tie on sale...

oldskool

Reaction score
dscf03237xi.jpg
dscf03221lf.jpg
Having a tough time with this one... is it a bust??

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a bust at all. Not bad looking at all.The background is navy (not black), right? Would look fine with a solid navy suit, IMO.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you joking?. - I have the exact tie that I bought new a while ago from NM b.c. I love it so much and I wear it all the time.

I wear it with solid color shirts - only thing you can get away with I think. With either a white shirt or a blue shirt, it looks great, really spices up the outfit, and I get great comments about it. Think: a conservative, navy pinstripe suit, a white shirt, and this tie. It looks great.

oldskool

Reaction score
really??? i got it at NM last call too. girlfriend HATES it..

thanks.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then get rid of it or dont wear it around her despite what others say here...

Usually easier to replace a tie than a GF and it doesnt sound like you are all that crazy over it to make it an issue.

oldskool

Reaction score
thanks, i am just rying to get a feel for what others think so i can put things together a little better.

Nonk

Reaction score
Think of all the pocket square options that tie gives you.

I would wear it no problem.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great tie.
biggrin.gif
Wish I had one. It gives you lots of color options for coordinating shirts and pocket squares. I don't think you're necessarily limited to solid shirts, depending on how formal you want to go and/or how much you want to highlight the tie.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife hates some of my favorite ties.

Ties are a weird thing. You can't really get a sense of them until you wear them with your whole get-up. Oddly, some of the ties that most people will find most attractive when sitting on a table don't do much for a suit look. And some ties that look a bit gaudy when sitting on a table just have the ability to pull together a suit and shirt. So, she might change her tune if you pair it wisely with the rest of your outfit.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why couldn't you wear it?

Count Basie

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can pick up this tie in NYC? After seeing the pics, I fell in love with it. Thanks

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Not sure I saw that exact tie, but a couple pretty similar to it at the T&A shop on 57th about 2 wks ago.

Not likely to be $35 though...

linux_pro

Reaction score
I have one that looks kinda similar...
tie1.jpg
My girlfriend hates it. I wear it all the time with a blazer, or sometimes with a suit. It looks good. It's not the same exact tie, and it is red rather than navy, but a navy tie with colored dots should be much easier to wear than a red tie with colored dots. My girlfriend doesn't like some of my ties, but I wear them anyway. She has shoes that I don't like, but she wears them, and I wouldn't expect her not to. BTW, FIHTies, I went to your site the other day, and I liked your selection. I should be picking up a couple of ties from you soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads