• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bought some Ferragamo ties on eBay, how did I do?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
you mean a veterinarian?

not sure how much you paid for shipping but those prices are ok for used ferragamo ties. those are nice ties and seem to be in great condition, assuming you are getting what is in the pictures.

but ferragamo is not really known for ties. those would be great prices for used brioni or other better made ties.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...ferragamo is not really known for ties
Actually Ferrragamo is quite known for their motif ties, as above, alongside those from Hermes. Silks are usually pretty nice, linings are light or midweight. Quality is usually middle of the road overall.

Fair price for what you paid after shipping. Although the seller claims that the ties are authentic, I would still be suspicious given the volume of his Hermes/Ferragamo sales and SE Asian origin.

rbjones

Reaction score
Yeah I guess I won't know authenticity until I receive, but I am not concerned about that, I mean as long as it is a nice soft silk with a thin hermes-esque liner, I will be happy. I just liked the whimsical patterns, and that was more my concern, whether or not the patterns were overly obnoxious. I am in my early twenties and I don't like to be too serious yet, although maybe I should be.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, well-known Italian name offered by a seller from the sunny and humid South-East Asia

JR88

Reaction score
I like the sports one. Good choice.

And I love this line from the seller's Website:

"Even though I was relocated from the US to Thailand, I still have a large collection of ties."

Kind of makes me worry about what they take away from you if you visit Thailand.

Tibo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
sorry. i do not care for them.

i think my grandpa wears a tie like that

I'm not sure: did your grandpa tell you to make this kind of answers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads