Bought my first pair of selvedge jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by IBJanky, Jan 29, 2011.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

Did op want repro jeans?

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Shoulda looked at RRL first...

+1 but then again I have no experience with FH either. Your jeans look good on you. As far as hot soaking goes, I wont soak a new pair until I wear them for atleast 6 months. My RRL slim fit selvedge jeans were ball busting tight at first and loosened up considerably over the the following months. After the soak, they tightened back up and the fade looked incredible.

3. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Shoulda looked at RRL first...

agreed.

4. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Rear: [​IMG]
    you should wear socks next time. thanks.

5. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

is it better to hot soak and then hang dry then wear, or hot soak while wearing them in the tub and let them air dry on the body?

6. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

You get a [​IMG] for not going with the non-baller brands. Good choice with FH's, it's what I wanted to start with, but they didn't have any of the 380's in my sizes. They're known for fading quickly. Generally anything from SE is pretty much going to be forum approved, so you don't have to worry on that front. Though there is a definite bias toward slim-tapered, which is different from the cuts that you and I are looking for. I think you should be good to go regarding the soak. However, if you feel iffy at all with your purchase regarding the cut, I would recommend returning them and trying on the Beatle Busters from Iron Heart, which are kinda in between the 634's and F310s in terms of slim but still straight. Someone in the official jeans questions thread also mentioned that he soaks them all first because denim only shows their true character after that initial soak.When you soak for the first time, that water is gonna turn brown due to residual chemicals on the jeans. When you get that out of the way, fades will develop faster.
    is it better to hot soak and then hang dry then wear, or hot soak while wearing them in the tub and let them air dry on the body?
    depends. people air dry on their body if they're concerned that they won't be able to fit into the jeans following a hot soak.

7. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

mods pls delete. double post.

8. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

looks like the TS's FHs will be skin tight if they are ever washed.

The Beatle Busters are a mystery to me in fit. The measurements make them seem very tapered (31 waist, 12 thigh, 8.3 knee, 7.9 hem) but the fit pics don't look this way at all.

Though there is a definite bias toward slim-tapered, which is different from the cuts that you and I are looking for.

Beatle Busters from Iron Heart, which are kinda in between the 634's and F310s in terms of slim but still straight.

9. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

maybe because beatle is short and short people wear tapered it so it stacks and looks like a straight.

10. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

looks like the TS's FHs will be skin tight if they are ever washed.

The Beatle Busters are a mystery to me in fit. The measurements make them seem very tapered (31 waist, 12 thigh, 8.3 knee, 7.9 hem) but the fit pics don't look this way at all.

maybe because beatle is short and short people wear tapered it so it stacks and looks like a straight.

This is correct. IIRC, all of the fit pics of the BBs have stacking in them. When you let jeans stack, it always makes the leg opening area look wider.

11. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

Pull your jeans down

12. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Do yourself a favor and take a seam cutter and cut off the back pocket stitching.

13. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

In case you were looking for a casual but more dressy premium jean, I suggest you take a look at the jeans from Momotaro. Especially the Tight Straight (0701) from the Vintage Label. Nice silhouette, beautiful denim and top notch craftmenship.

14. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

thats a nice pair

15. monstro

monstro Member

nice fit dude and nice choice too. haha