• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bought from top rated ebay seller, you opinion if photo altered?

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
WOW, that was fast, thanks for all the replies and fyi, I happen to like to shoes and they fit well, but your senior member opinions are noted
biggrin.gif
Thanks again as always!

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's lighting. Hard to make out but I think I can see it in one of the vendor's pics. Looks like a little conditioner would probably evne it out.

wq1999

Reaction score
If they were described as Brand New, I wouldn't be too thrilled. On the other hand, if they were listed as used (or seconds), then some imperfections should be expected, the photos notwithstanding.

Yika

Reaction score
Just voice your concern with the seller

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm more concerned that you bought these shoes.

shademore

Reaction score
As an active ebay seller who takes literally thousands of product photos, I can assure you his pics are run through photoshop. Its not the lack of waterspot in his pics that tips it off but the color tint of photos is quick fix all the way. As for the waterspot, I doubt your seller intentionally shopped it out. It may have happened since the pics were take and is damage due to poor inventory practices. If it doesn't bother you too much but enough, call the seller on it. Request either a partial refund (you need to request an amount, don't let him offer) or return them for a full refund. As the buyer you have a ton of pull. Its all about you being satisfied with your purchase. If your not follow up on it, if he's a TRS (like me), he'll be there for you.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Shademore, thanks for the detailed response. I ran them though a program and they did come back as edited with Photoshop CS2, but like everyone on ebay, most photos are run though photoshop in general, just didn't know if they were intentionally altered to hide the fact.

Being a seller myself I hate ebay and it's total one sidedness for Buyers, so am not going to complain just to complain. I'm just going to live with it and see if I can clean them up.

Thanks again all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads