• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bought from top rated ebay seller, you opinion if photo altered?

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's lighting. Hard to make out but I think I can see it in one of the vendor's pics. Looks like a little conditioner would probably evne it out.

wq1999

Reaction score
If they were described as Brand New, I wouldn't be too thrilled. On the other hand, if they were listed as used (or seconds), then some imperfections should be expected, the photos notwithstanding.

Yika

Reaction score
Just voice your concern with the seller

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm more concerned that you bought these shoes.

shademore

Reaction score
As an active ebay seller who takes literally thousands of product photos, I can assure you his pics are run through photoshop. Its not the lack of waterspot in his pics that tips it off but the color tint of photos is quick fix all the way. As for the waterspot, I doubt your seller intentionally shopped it out. It may have happened since the pics were take and is damage due to poor inventory practices. If it doesn't bother you too much but enough, call the seller on it. Request either a partial refund (you need to request an amount, don't let him offer) or return them for a full refund. As the buyer you have a ton of pull. Its all about you being satisfied with your purchase. If your not follow up on it, if he's a TRS (like me), he'll be there for you.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Shademore, thanks for the detailed response. I ran them though a program and they did come back as edited with Photoshop CS2, but like everyone on ebay, most photos are run though photoshop in general, just didn't know if they were intentionally altered to hide the fact.

Being a seller myself I hate ebay and it's total one sidedness for Buyers, so am not going to complain just to complain. I'm just going to live with it and see if I can clean them up.

Thanks again all.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.