• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bought a Suit from Gilt and it came with no pants

BamaHater

Reaction score
Just received my Hugo Boss Selection Suit from Gilt and to my horror the suit had no pants. WTF, how do you loose the pants to the suit. I really like the jacket and it would be nice to find the pants. It is from the $188 final sale but I figure they owe me. Anyone have insight? Has this happened to anyone else?

BamaHater

Reaction score
Well my $695 retail RLPL belt I purchased from them also came in today and while it is a nice belt, it came with the RL tag that says it is $550
plain.gif
I mean I paid $44 for it so I can't complain but they misrepresented the price which would have hacked my off if I bought it during the regular sale they had on it.

AlmostFullBenefits

Reaction score
Its highly illegal to do so (but has that ever stopped you before?), put the suit on, sans pants and undies, and send it to them saying:

If you are wondering where my pants are, that makes two of us!

Then, although it's completely unnecessary to do so, go on to explain that they didn't ship the pants.

PS: Count yourself lucky to get anything, I still haven't heard back from them about the suits I bought, other than the purchase invoice and that they are holding the funds.

Hackett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Just confirming my good feeling about never buying anything from gilt

Ditto.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call their customer service line. They are very helpful.
Though, you will be put on hold for 10-20 minutes.

MBradshaw

Reaction score
What customer service line? I have yet to find a number to call them.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i am sure that its a mistake. you will be allowed to return the suits, or they will find the pants. or maybe the pants are in a seperate shipment? either way im sure you will be fine.

BamaHater

Reaction score
1-877-280-0545 It was on my invoice in the box and under their help page. Took me all of 1 minute to find. BTW I am calling 1st thing tomorrow. The suit is really nice so I prefer they find the pants but am afraid they could be jacked up seeing they were orphaned from the suit jacket. If not I want my refund and so type of Gilt Credit. I have faith in Gilt but I just struck me as odd there were no pants. Well when I got the box I thought "Man this feels light" I know why now.

sephlod

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlmostFullBenefits
Its highly illegal to do so (but has that ever stopped you before?), put the suit on, sans pants and undies, and send it to them saying:

If you are wondering where my pants are, that makes two of us!

Then, although it's completely unnecessary to do so, go on to explain that they didn't ship the pants.

PS: Count yourself lucky to get anything, I still haven't heard back from them about the suits I bought, other than the purchase invoice and that they are holding the funds.

Seems to be the most logical choice

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
That's what you get for buying a Hugo Boss suit....just kidding man.

The fact that it came with no pants is so fuckin bad that it's almost hilarious. Get ahold of them and demand the pants or a full refund (no gilt credit). For full disclosure, I've made 3 purchases from gilt and have not had any problems receiving the items. My biggest issue with gilt is how bad they are at the measurements.

BamaHater

Reaction score
I will demand they find my pants or my full money back. None of this "Gilt Credit" crap.

BamaHater

Reaction score
Well of course they could not get the pants but it was a pleasant experience though. They sent me a return label to return the suit for my full refund and gave me a $25 credit. Damn shame though because the suit was really nice. Super 150's felt really good

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
I used to like Gilt, but Gilt is now a ****** place to purchase things. Too many mistakes that all get the same "we'll give you a $25 credit so you can spend more money at Gilt!" reponse. Meh. I bought a nice men's jacket there and received a not so nice woman's dress. What was the solution? $25 credit. Thanks, F***ers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics