1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bought a leather jacket from Harry Rosen

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mcpaul, Oct 11, 2007.

1. mcpaul

mcpaul Senior member

but when I came back to pick it up, the guy (not the origional salesman) called it a "Shirley"

Why did the guy at Harry Rosen call my jacket a "shirley"?

Here it is so you can see what I bought:

http://www.christ-leather.com/
    (click English > Men > top right picture in the first group of 6)

I'd have to assume it's not a woman's jacket, as it's in the men's section...

any suggestions?

2. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

Don't worry about it. It's definitely a man's jacket. He must have been calling it "Shearling" with a lisp.

3. EL72

EL72 Senior member

[​IMG] Yeah, either he said shearling or he responded "surely" when the other salesguy asked if he had hit his numbers for the day with that sale.

Either way, Rosen doesn't sell women's clothes so you should be safe. Nice coat btw - enjoy!

4. mishon

mishon Senior member

Beautiful jacket, man. Congrats on your purchase.

5. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

So let me see, you had some questions, even doubts, about why the salesperson called your jacket a "shirley", thinking it may have been a women's jacket that you purchased.

Instead of just asking him why at the time, you take the jacket home and come ask this forum. What if we did tell you that it's a women's jacket?

6. marc237

marc237 Senior member

So let me see, you had some questions, even doubts, about why the salesperson called your jacket a "shirley", thinking it may have been a women's jacket that you purchased.

Instead of just asking him why at the time, you take the jacket home and come ask this forum. What if we did tell you that it's a women's jacket?

OK, let us stop fooling the guy, it is a women's jacket. he should return it right away.