• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bouchon LV

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the last 15 years or so I can only recall perhaps 5 occasions on which I consciously chose to overeat. I tend to not eat big amounts, and it's quite special when I actually take in more than I need.

This happened at Bouchon.

Duck confit... exquisite skin, perfect meat.

Braised pork shank with cabbage. Just incredible. Butternut squash puree was heavenly. Pommes Puree sucked, barely touched it.

I left quite stuffed. Highly recommend. The French bistro has and will remain my favorite venue for food.

Other highlights that I'd never had before were these Brussel sprouts at Bobby Flay... they had the typical lardons but with pomegranate. Beautiful sweetness and acidity. It was a side dish but I'd eat that for a whole meal. Some of the food there was nice, would go again.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
big fan of their salmon rilettes.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always go when I go to Las Vegas.

My girlfriend had chicken and waffles of all things for breakfast there once. It was to die for.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
I always go when I go to Las Vegas.

My girlfriend had chicken and waffles of all things for breakfast there once. It was to die for.

Yes, the Bouchon chicken and waffles are amazing. I would consider killing someone to get the recipe.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hopkins_student
Yes, the Bouchon chicken and waffles are amazing. I would consider killing someone to get the recipe.

The recipe wouldn't help you at all. You'd be better off spending all the time that you'd go into planning the killing on learning how to execute something of that nature. Ingredients and ratios are important but what makes food of that level, especially when it's fairly simple, is technique. Without that, you won't get close even using the exact same product and measurements.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
The recipe wouldn't help you at all. You'd be better off spending all the time that you'd go into planning the killing on learning how to execute something of that nature. Ingredients and ratios are important but what makes food of that level, especially when it's fairly simple, is technique. Without that, you won't get close even using the exact same product and measurements.

lol8[1].gif

You can give the recipe to 15 "cooks" and probably none of those dishes would taste like they came out of Bouchon. Those guys work with the best ingredients and most importantly they know trade secrets that you only learn slaving in a kitchen for years and years.

Saltricks

Reaction score
went to bouchon for breakfast, loved it, but to be perfectly frank, the roasted chicken wasn't the life changing experience I was expecting. It was perfectly roasted and seasoned with salt and pepper. Perfectly adequate but not something that I'll ever dream about. One thing that was amazing though was the compote or marmalade that comes with the bread. It was like mana from heaven. Next time I go, I'm doubling up on the bread and probably trying something else for breakfast.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saltricks
went to bouchon for breakfast, loved it, but to be perfectly frank, the roasted chicken wasn't the life changing experience I was expecting. It was perfectly roasted and seasoned with salt and pepper. P

+1. I've had it several times, had the same thoughts (thought I was "missing something" and the first time I had was a tad overcooked). The best part of that dish was the vanilla bean butter for the waffle.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best brunch in LV
I would go again and again. Had the french toast, croque madame and plenty of coffee, butter, and bread. It took a couple hours, and I left feeling like I got a promotion.
The service was quite on point, it felt like being in paris.

The embossing business card machine is a nice touch.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I love breakfast at Bouchon LV. It's almost always the first place we hit in LV. Always get the croque madame with lots of fries and bloody maries.

I've had the chicken and waffles. I thought it was good but not life changing.

BTW, what is the point of that embossing thingie?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
The embossing business card machine is a nice touch.

What is this? What is it for?

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
What is this? What is it for?

You know what it's for. It's their business card but they made it interactive. You can walk up and emboss your own card. Pretty cool.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did not know that, but it sounds fun. I've never noticed it before.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep - still the first and last place I tell people to go when they tell me they are heading to LV. (as in Make sure you go to Bouchon, you can also check out X, Y, and Z... but make sure you don't skip Bouchon). I can't think of a place I've eaten in that city that presents better value. Out of curiousity, SField, did you consider checking out any of the stuff in City Center? I would have probably recommended JS or the new Blue Ribbon over Mesa, but glad you had a good meal there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads