Bostonian 2Pod and Cole Haan Air Shock

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kasper, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Kasper

Kasper Senior member

Do any forum members have experience with both? I find the 2Pod very comfortable but wonder how it compares to Cole Haan's Air Shock. I know both are not considered all that attractive by forum members. I really don't understand why Allen Edmonds or Edward Green cannot offer something like 2Pod. Is it physically possible for a leather sole shoe to have some kind of shock system or would it make the sole too thick?

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I don't know what 2pod is, but maybe you could size up on a pair of good dress shoes and then put thin gel insoles in them...

Personally I find my EGs very, very comfortable.

3. swiego

swiego Senior member

I believe that Cole Haan is owned by Nike, hence they get some of the "technology" - I have some Cole Haan loafers with the Nike "air" cushions that are the most comfortable footwear I own - they're reasonably dressy but I could seriously go to the gym with them too!

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

with regards to cole haan, i do not like what nike has done to the brand. it has totally erased its original character. and we got ugly soles in its place. [​IMG]

5. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

with regards to cole haan, i do not like what nike has done to the brand. it has totally erased its original character. and we got ugly soles in its place. [​IMG]
    Yeah, they have put that sole on almost all their shoes, which is unfortunate because some of their highest end ones (well, mid-highest, not the actual highest) actually look all right except for the window cut in the side. P.S. that window collects a whole bunch of gunk that's hard to clean out when you actually walk around in them. Gross.