1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Boston Men's Shops

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nescio, Jun 3, 2009.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

It's sunny and gorgeous right now.

Just thought you should know.

- B

And such is my luck. It was pouring when I left this morning and gloomy the whole time I was there.

2. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

3. NH_Clark

NH_Clark Senior member

It's sunny and gorgeous right now.

Just thought you should know.

- B

mid 70's with sun.. turned out to be a great day.

I agree with the other poster regarding the Andover location store. I went by there a couple of months ago and they were very friendly and answered all my dumb questions.

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Buy anything?
    I visited lots of stores but left empty-handed except for an RL argyle cotton/cashmere sweater vest and an RL madras bd shirt from Lord & Taylor on deep discount. I was surprised that nothing in Louis Boston, RL, BB, Saks and other stores appealed to me enough to make a purchase. It was nice to visit the shops nonetheless.

5. eliu

eliu Member

I visited lots of stores but left empty-handed except for an RL argyle cotton/cashmere sweater vest and an RL madras bd shirt from Lord & Taylor on deep discount. I was surprised that nothing in Louis Boston, RL, BB, Saks and other stores appealed to me enough to make a purchase. It was nice to visit the shops nonetheless.

i've been making the rounds of the various "high-end" stores in boston and there's definitely a mentalityof "who will blink first" in regards to summer sales. unfortunately for most of these stores, saks is fairly levered and desperate to keep monthly same-store-sales up, so they're just ripping price points down w/ basically 30% off everything. mind boggling. saks in copley wasn't exactly crowded, but in comparison neiman and barney's were a ghost town. i saw a theory blazer i liked at barney's, found the exact same one at SFA for about 40% cheaper ...

meanwhile, is it just boston or does hugo boss look desperate? their retail locations in copley/natick are just massively discounted and their merchandise dominates the sales racks at most of the dept. stores. looks like their private equity owners got ambitious and haven't right-sized inventory yet. i understand their stuff isn't up to snuff for the purists here, but their quality and fit are fairly good when marked down by 75%.

6. SartoriaMac

SartoriaMac Member

Probably not the best place to write this especially since I hate when people advert themselves but I'm a bespoke tailor originally from Boston and trained in Rome Italy... I'll be in Boston during the first week of November for a few clients of mine and thought maybe some of you guys could be interested. You can find the link to my website on my profile or send me a private message. Cheers.