• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boston Meetup

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey styleforum - recently moved up to Boston (somerville to be exact)...would love to plan a styleforum meetup somewhere in the area!

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm down. Looking forward to being the worst dressed person there.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When? I gotta go up there in August for a ******.

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
Mikey, come visit us if you haven't already man! I'm def downwards for the meetup. Also, I'm sure Drinkwater's can serve as a rendezvous point of sorts and more. *Subbed*

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mikey!
I am totally down and actually have been thinking about organizing one myself. I definitely know that @afixedpoint was interested along with @A Fellow Linguist. There's definitely some other people we can tag here who may be interested: @concealed, @Feji, @VitaTimH and there's definitely a few more forgetting- feel free to add them. There's also @ghostface and @thewho13 who I understand ocasionally live in Boston. There's definitely a whole bunch of people from New England who may be willing to make it down. I'm also sure there's some CM guys who live in the area too.

I was talking with @CSCoHammers7 last night and I was hoping that maybe @Drinkwaters might be willing to host this event. If not, (as I know it can be quite the task) Drinkwaters could atleast be our rendezvous point before moving on to a bar. Either way, recommendations for a bar that isn't too crowded on a weeknight will be needed.

Let's make this happen!

Last edited:

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Howdy SF'ers,

This wouldn't be the first time @Drinkwaters hosted a meetup. In the early days we had a great event here with @LAGuy as the the Co Host. We met here and then moved next door to the the Elephant Walk bar and had drinks and small bites. I'm all for another event here, so lets come up with a time to do this. I'll propose a Wednesday evening.

Gary

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

textpassgots

Reaction score
you are right,Looking forward to being the worst dressed person there. thanks
13.gif

Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the shoutout Ken, but unfortunately I'm not in Boston at the moment. Maybe come early 2015, but we'll see.

Anyway, @mike868y, you're now in my old stomping grounds. Shoot me a message if you need any ideas on what to do in Somerville/Medford/Cambridge. Lots of good stuff all around there.

Oh, and take @Drinkwaters word on The Elephant Walk. Actually, take Gary's advice on any place to eat in the Boston area.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's the Cambodian place on mass ave by porter right?

ghostface

Reaction score
@Ken P-- thanks for thinking of me. i'm living in nyc full time now, though, so won't be able to join. have fun! :)

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
OK, we're going to lock this Boston Meet Up for Wednesday evening the 9th @Drinkwaters. We'll gather here at our closing time of 7pm for a meet and greet (some beers too!) and then head next door to The Elephant Walk for some small bites and libations. The last event we collected $10 > 15 (depending on the turnout) for the food. If you will be attending, please chime in and we'll start a list.
We are looking forward to being your host!

Gary & Teresa

The List

@Ken P
@ridethecliche
@CSCoHammer7

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads